Contributor

i am an over 70, fair skinned, white hair gal who is looking for a cream blush/contour  stick.  I've seen ads for the Boomstick color and would like opinions if any one know about this.  Trial and error gets expensive so I would appreciate any ideas.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@17thfloor  You can read hundreds of reviews on ulta.com.

Respected Contributor

@vsm wrote:

@17thfloor  You can read hundreds of reviews on ulta.com.

Ulta does not carry Boom! by Cindy Joseph and there are no reviews available on Ulta.com.

Honored Contributor

Makeupalley dot com has 53 reviews for Boomstick color. That might help you @17thfloorWoman Happy

Super Contributor

@17thfloor I recently ordered the Boomstick Color and really like it.  When I first saw the color I thought “Oh My”.  It looked much too dark for me!  But it goes on rather shear and then you blend it in with your fingers.  I’m also fair skinned and have salt and pepper hair (ok, more salt than pepper these days).

I also got the Boomstick Glimmer and sometimes use it alone rather than with the Color stick.

As I’ve gotten older, my completion has gotten better.  Very seldom do I use foundation, powder and all the rest.  The Boomstick Color or Glimmer on my checks and a little mascara and lipstick and i’m good to go.

Contributor

Thank you all for responding.  I appreciate your taking the time to do this.  I'm leaning toward trying this item.

Frequent Contributor

I switched to the Boom color stick a few months ago, and now I won't use anything else.  It truly is a universal shade that should look good on any skin tone.  I'm 68, have moderately fair to medium skin, slightly golden or olive undertones, brown hair going gray.  Check out the demonstrations on the Cindy Joseph Boom website.  Also, if you don't like it, there's a no-questions-asked money back guarantee, though I've never used it.

The color is kind of a berry color that looks dark in the stick but goes on the skin to look like just a flush of health.  Sheer and fresh.  It doesn't last all day, you do have to reapply  occasionally, but that's ok with me.  I use it on my cheeks and as a lipstick -- it makes a  natural-looking lip color.  Sometimes I will dab a little across the bridge of my nose.

I wanted to pare down all my makeup, and this really helps.  I got tired of matching blush and lipsticks, too much stuff.  Actually all the Boom products that I'e tried are good.  I hope you try it and like it.  I like Cindy Joseph and her makeup philosophy a lot.  

Regular Contributor

I absolutely LOVE the boomstick color and have been using it maybe 5 years. I’m 62 and light skin w pink u dertones and although it looks dark it is a sheer color and the texture is amazing. I do finish it off with a light dusting of either Clinique color pop blush or an it cosmetics vitality flash and it last all day. The only negative is for the tiny amount I think it is expensive and shipping is quite high. I buy it only when she has a friends and family discount.