Trusted Contributor

Bookmarking A Post You Want to Keep

I posted this in another category, but I thought I would post it again for my Beauty friends:

How do I use bookmarks?

Bookmarks enable you to list community content (boards, articles, ideas, topics, or individual posts) on a special page so you can easily find it again.

To bookmark a piece of content:

Go to the item you want to bookmark.
To bookmark a location, choose (Location) Options > Bookmark this ....
To bookmark a specific post, go to the post and choose (Post) Options > Bookmark this ....

To view and manage your bookmarks:

Go to My Settings > Subscriptions & Notifications.
Click My Bookmarks.
You can click a bookmark to go to the item.

To delete a bookmark, click the check box for the bookmark and click Bookmark Options > Delete Selected Bookmarks.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Trusted Contributor

Re: Bookmarking A Post You Want to Keep

Where is the option button? I'm on an iPad, I wonder if that's the reason I don't see it.
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing but wow, those instructions are clear as mud.

I've work in UX on many large websites and I to say this new platform is beyond belief in how clumsy, unintuitve and user-unfriendly is is. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I use to go to the top and click on my activity so I could reply to posts I already started or replied to. I can no longer do that and don't understand how or where I can go to and be able to see where and what I posted so I can reply to those posts?

Super Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Thanks for sharing but wow, those instructions are clear as mud.

I've work in UX on many large websites and I to say this new platform is beyond belief in how clumsy, unintuitve and user-unfriendly is is. 

I'm with you on this one... I too work on websites and I am totally baffled as to what they are thinking. If it is frustrating for an experienced user, I can't even begin to think about the low tech users. Especially when you think about how the forums have been almost an emotional crutch to some (and I don't mean that in a derogitory way)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I tried to bookmark this OP's post -- where, pray tell, does one find the "option>bookmark this"?  All I can find is Topic Options, and 'bookmark' (this or anything else) is not one of them.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Super Contributor

I think she just went to the help page and cut and pasted the instructions that you find there, of course, none of those features exist here!

Trusted Contributor

moto wrote:

I think she just went to the help page and cut and pasted the instructions that you find there, of course, none of those features exist here!

Yes, that is what I did. I am so sorry people, I did not try it out before I posted. My bad (hanging my head in shame cause I can't find an appropriate emoji here. haha) I truly thought it was a separate bookmark function from that on your computer/laptop/notebook. It sure sounds like that. But, it is your regular bookmark function that needs to be activated at this time. I agree that this would clutter up your book marks, especially if you are using it to find previous post - yours or others.

Again, I am so sorry that I jumped the gun on this one.

Trusted Contributor

I did have success opening the specific topic within a Forum I want to follow, then opening the Topic Options menu and clicking on Float this Topic to the Top. Now when I open a particular forum, the topic(s) are pinned to the top. I like this much better than the old "My Activity" since I can easily find and follow a topic even if I have not commented on it.

Trusted Contributor

juperier wrote:

I did have success opening the specific topic within a Forum I want to follow, then opening the Topic Options menu and clicking on Float this Topic to the Top. Now when I open a particular forum, the topic(s) are pinned to the top. I like this much better than the old "My Activity" since I can easily find and follow a topic even if I have not commented on it.

Thanks so much, @juperier.  I just tried this and it worked. Now why could they not have explained this - I was wary to click on the Float this Topic to the Top. Now, if only we could hide this until we need to access them, otherise when one signs into a forum and has "saved" many posts, there may be pages and pages of them before one gets to the recent posts. Maybe this is a way to restrict lengths of posts and to encourage moving on? Hmm, not sure I like that.