Honored Contributor

Re: Bondi Sands Tanning Foam and/or Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk

Morning update:

I tried to get a comparison picture for you all but it's a gloomy day here, meaning I need lights on inside the house and that throws everything off.  IRL, I can definitely see a nice change.  My tanned arm and hand look significantly darker than the untanned ones when side by side, but alone they look naturally tanned.  My legs are darker.  I can't say for sure if it's the way they absorbed the product or that I was a bit heavy handed, but probably the latter. I still can't detect any bad odor. One thing I did notice this morning is that my neck is a tiny bit bothered, but my neck tends to be sensitive anyways.  I may have exfoliated too much before application.  It's not horrible, though, just noticeable.  Honestly, I think this one's a winner, but personally I would recommend getting the formula that goes with your untanned skin tone for a natural look.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Does that mitt absorb a lot of the product? Some of the mitts I've used eat so much product that I end up turning them inside out and using them that way. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Does that mitt absorb a lot of the product? Some of the mitts I've used eat so much product that I end up turning them inside out and using them that way. 

@SilleeMee   It did seem so when I rinsed it, but I can't be certain if it was actual product coming out or that it was just stained water. I like the mitt. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I finally found the ingredients list-terrible. I would never put this anywhere on my skin-and certainly not all over my body!!! But that's just me.

I just took a look at the Bondi Sands Foam on INCIDecoder and the only ingredient listed there as "Icky" is the fragrance which is listed towards the bottom third of the deck.

You're kidding? Are you sure you were looking at this?

ients overview

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

I finally found the ingredients list-terrible. I would never put this anywhere on my skin-and certainly not all over my body!!! But that's just me.

I just took a look at the Bondi Sands Foam on INCIDecoder and the only ingredient listed there as "Icky" is the fragrance which is listed towards the bottom third of the deck.

ients overview

@Judaline 

Which one(s) do you consider "terrible"? 

IRL I am a chemist so please be specific.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

ients overview

@Judaline 

Which one(s) do you consider "terrible"? 

Well, all of the PEGS are if not carcinogens, they're pretty close. EDTA, same, all of the colors, blue yellow, red. Propylene glycol is on the list, always has been. Not good. And you know what they say, 'if you can't pronounce it, don't use it on your skin.' That goes for a few things in their ingredients. At least I can't pronounce them.

Honored Contributor

Hi, Jud, the self tanner does have tons of artificial dyes in it, that alone would keep me from using it. I dont recall others to have dyes in them.  Thanks for thinking of me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All cosmetic color additives are part of the FDA cosmetic and food regulative approval process as is any other cosmetic ingredient. If anyone has a reaction or health problem associated with any product then it's reportable to the FDA for further investigation regarding possible recalls or discontinuance of the reported products. Your ability to report problems with a cosmetic is your only legal way to take action to ensure the safety of what we use. If you don't trust the FDA then who can you trust? ...something you read about on the internet written by some 'credible' research group?...that might be just scare tactics with no real scientific backup.

Honored Contributor

Worst ever ingredients I have seen in a self tanner are any of the Jergens ones, yikes!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I will post again after I used the St Tropez gradual tanner.  I haven't tried it yet.  I'll be applying it with a Bondi mitt.

I like to start slowly with a fake tan for the season.