Honored Contributor

Bondi Sands Tanning Foam and/or Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk

Any users here?  I'm looking forward to warmer temps, wearing crop pants and skirts, but I need some healthy color  I ordered this the system other day - light/medium in the foam. I don't have tons of experience with self tanners.  Wondering if these will be good for me?  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bondi Sands Tanning Foam and/or Everyday Gradual Tanning Milk

I don't know anything about this one but all I ever see on TickTok and Instagram is that everybody swears by the Saint Tropez brand.

Respected Contributor

I have used many self tanners over the years. Every Spring I get all excited then by the end of summer I just get tired of using them. However, I do prefer a little color. Nothing over the top. SolRae makes a very nice gradual self tanner. My salon sells it but you can also get it from other sources. It gives amazing color for a gradual tanner. Years ago I used St. Tropez but then always found something better. Recently I bought the St. Tropez Whipped Cream Moussse but have not tried it yet. It seems to be getting good reviews. If I don't care for it I will go back to Sol Rae.. 

Honored Contributor

Did anyone see the Bondi Sands presentation last night? I thought the models had very good coloring from the self-tanner. It wasn't oompa-loompa looking at all. Looked really nice I thought. I almost bought it but I already have enough MineTan foam to last longer than I would like!

Frequent Contributor

I use the Bondi Sands Self Tanning lotion and the foam in dark, though I think they no longer carry the tanning lotion. I do like both options and I use self tanner pretty much all year long. I am fairly light, but I like a good color and even the dark is not dark at all, I would say it is more of a medium. Both the lotion and the foam are great, neither are sticky, orange or have a bad odor. I mostly like that this brand is cheaper than some of the other options.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Did anyone see the Bondi Sands presentation last night? I thought the models had very good coloring from the self-tanner. It wasn't oompa-loompa looking at all. Looked really nice I thought. I almost bought it but I already have enough MineTan foam to last longer than I would like!

Yes, @SilleeMee, I did, and I thought they looked good too.  In my teens, I baked in the sun all summer long with Swedish Tanning Secret or baby oil and iodine.  I always got super dark back then. These days, I just want some color so I'm not so pale.  I bought the medium. I'm looking forward to trying it. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I bought a lot of the Mine Tan too when it was featured on QVC because it is an excellent product.  THey sold the double pack with the foam for a lighter tan and the darker one.  I LOVE the foam and use that on my face.  It gives exceptional color with no smell (all the others that I've tried always had that off smell, but not this one).  Sometimes I'll mix a little of the darker one in with the foam, or the darker with my moisturizer and use on my body.  It works best for me that way and distributes really easily.   I've got one more set as a back up.

Honored Contributor

I finally found the ingredients list-terrible. I would never put this anywhere on my skin-and certainly not all over my body!!! But that's just me.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

I finally found the ingredients list-terrible. I would never put this anywhere on my skin-and certainly not all over my body!!! But that's just me.

I just took a look at the Bondi Sands Foam on INCIDecoder and the only ingredient listed there as "Icky" is the fragrance which is listed towards the bottom third of the deck.

Honored Contributor

OK Beauties, my Bondi Sands products arrived a few days ago. I finally tried it tonight.  First I showered using a Salux cloth to exfoliate before proceeding with the application.  I Intentionally left one arm alone so I could see a true comparison.  As per the instructions, I did two applications; the initial one and the second one 30 minutes later.  I only did one application on my face because the color change was already quite obvious and I didn't want to get ridiculously dark.  I purchased the light-medium.  I'm glad I didn't get the dark.  I think the light-medium will give enough color to look healthy.     

My first impressions:

1. The applicator mitt is quite nice.  It's fuzzy/furry which helps spread the tanning foam better than a plain foam type.

2.  There's an immediate color change to the skin upon application.  That can help you know where you've applied and where you may have missed.

3.  There is no stinky or overpowering odor to the foam 

4.  The foam dries down very quickly, it's not sticky at all

5.  The foam did not sting or burn, nor did it cause any itching. My skin is soft and smooth.

Directions say to shower after six hours so I'll be doing that in the morning.  

Stay tuned for tomorrow's update. 😎