Valued Contributor

Body tanning/bronzing with powder

If you have used either or both, Please post your thoughts. I'm kind of done with all the self tanners and am interested in this route-- only tanning my legs and arms when I am going out.

Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting

Tarte Park Avenue Face and Body Bronzer

I appreciate your thoughts/reviews to use on the body.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Body tanning/bronzing with powder

I do like  the body frosting by Laura Geller.  I would not buy it from here though,  my recent purchase came to me smashed to pieces and I have returned it.   I ordered thru amazon and chose the Hawaiian glow and I love it.  Also went right on Laura's websiite and bought a few more things, she has great coupons right now.  As for the Tart ? I never tried it so I can't say for sure but I bet its just a good.

Valued Contributor

@nada54 wrote:

I do like  the body frosting by Laura Geller.  I would not buy it from here though,  my recent purchase came to me smashed to pieces and I have returned it.   I ordered thru amazon and chose the Hawaiian glow and I love it.  Also went right on Laura's websiite and bought a few more things, she has great coupons right now.  As for the Tart ? I never tried it so I can't say for sure but I bet its just a good.

Thanks so much for your reply. I'm just kind of done with the self tanning bit. I've never been 100% happy with any of them and hate the orange look and weirdness around feet etc. Using the Tarte or Laura Geller seems so much more simple---and I would only need to do it when I planned to go out.

Thanks again.

Valued Contributor

I have used the Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting and I'll never be without it!! It doesn't transfer onto my clothes at all, doesn't leave a scent and isn't that weird orange color. Mine has lasted a few years, totally worth the investment. 

Honored Contributor

I quit self tanners years ago.  For me, they were a pain and then they started making me itch.  I just got sick of the constant bother of them.  I decided to embrace my fair skin and stop fussing about it!  

I recently purchased Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting.  I haven't received it yet, so don't know whether I will like it or not.  I am a big fan of a lot of her other products, so figured I would give it a try.  I got $20 off on her site so thought it would be the perfect time to order it.  The only plan I have to use it is for dusting a bit on my lower legs when I go some place (if ever) wearing a long sun dress or capri pants and then also on my exposed arms and around my chest, etc.  Just a bit --- to make my skin look a bit more alive!  Hope it works and does not smear too much!  If this doesn't work, then I will just forget it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I'm just too fair for a bronzer. I  look weird with a "tan". I've never found one that would look natural....and with a few freckles on arms, legs, etc. the tanning products just makes them even darker and shows up any imperfections. 

The ones I've tried over the years, dried my skin even with a lot of exfoliation first. I will sometimes use Jergens Lotion that gives a gradual tan and comes in light/medium. It's OK once or twice a week just to take away the glare of my white skin. LOL

Valued Contributor

@MandyG06 wrote:

I have used the Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting and I'll never be without it!! It doesn't transfer onto my clothes at all, doesn't leave a scent and isn't that weird orange color. Mine has lasted a few years, totally worth the investment. 

Thanks so much for your reply Mandy. I just saw some reviews on Q which were terrible however, the bad reviews were for receiving broken product. Laura used to sell it in a larger compact which I have not been able to find. It was 0.85 oz.

Valued Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I quit self tanners years ago.  For me, they were a pain and then they started making me itch.  I just got sick of the constant bother of them.  I decided to embrace my fair skin and stop fussing about it!  

I recently purchased Laura Geller Baked Body Frosting.  I haven't received it yet, so don't know whether I will like it or not.  I am a big fan of a lot of her other products, so figured I would give it a try.  I got $20 off on her site so thought it would be the perfect time to order it.  The only plan I have to use it is for dusting a bit on my lower legs when I go some place (if ever) wearing a long sun dress or capri pants and then also on my exposed arms and around my chest, etc.  Just a bit --- to make my skin look a bit more alive!  Hope it works and does not smear too much!  If this doesn't work, then I will just forget it!  

I am totally with you! I can no longer deal with the self tanning and exfoliation. Please come back and let me know how it works for you. Thanks for your time.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

Can I ask which shade you ordered?  I'm toying with the idea of ordering for the same reasons as you.  I'd like to dust it on my very pale legs and want something that isn't too dark but gives my legs a little color.  Afraid that I'll order a shade that doesn't show up at all, and just waste my money.  Please come back to this thread and let us know how you like it and which color you got.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@QPrincess 

Will do!  I am not one to use anything that requires a lot of fuss and bother!  If it doesn't work right or smears a bunch, then I will chuck it!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin