Honored Contributor

Another vote for the Salux cloth. I use it with my Beekman soaps & body washes. You will not believe how well it removes all the dead dry skin. Don't forget to buy it from the Salux Shop. There are some out there that look like it but they are not all the same. 

Thx for the thread. I need to order some more Salux clothes. My SIL's each want one.

Last year at Christmas my SIL received some strange netting/fabric. I asked her what she was going to do with it. She told me she was going to make one of those long bath net things to shower with so she could reach her back. I told her I had some at home & I would give her one. I asked if the Salux cloth was what she was trying to make & she said yes. Could not believe she was going thru all that trouble trying to make one. She said she had one before but she had not been able to find them.

Honored Contributor

luffa or sugar scrub. I didn't use the microbead products anyway. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Re: Body exfoliation tips?

[ Edited ]

I use a natural exfoliating body wash, like these:

* St. Ives Smoothing Apricot 

* St. Ives Renew & Purify Sea Salt & Kelp

* St. Ives Even & Bright Pink Lemon & Mandarin

And apply it using a mesh body pouf & mesh back pouf like these,                         which are also exfoliating:

body-benefits-2-in-1-net-bath-sponge.jpg (164×164)

bath-handle-sponge-brush-china-1-pcs.jpg (150×149)

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy,

Have you ever used the Salux cloth? It's very different from the nice scrubbies you're showing. When I found Salux, I ditched the others.Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee This is the first time I have heard of the Salux Cloth. Where have I been? LOL Where do I get this cloth?

Paulas Choice also has a nice body exfoliant lotion...I forget what it is called. (BHA Body Lotion?) Anyway no more "chicken bumps or ingrowns. Also a body glove and back scrubber from HSN called "Body Concepts" or something like that. Thanks

Honored Contributor

@Stormygirl wrote:

@SilleeMee This is the first time I have heard of the Salux Cloth. Where have I been? LOL Where do I get this cloth?

Paulas Choice also has a nice body exfoliant lotion...I forget what it is called. (BHA Body Lotion?) Anyway no more "chicken bumps or ingrowns. Also a body glove and back scrubber from HSN called "Body Concepts" or something like that. Thanks

@Stormygirl,

I can't remember where I bought my last Salux. But I know you will find them on amazon. My mom is Japanese and she gave me my first one about 30 years ago! She bought them at a local Asian market here in town.  At the time I thought it was the weirdest -feeling thing I'd ever felt. Have been using them ever since.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I haven't yet, @SilleeMee.

Thanks for the recc - I'll check it out. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

I use sugar and salt scrubs. If you are prone to ingrown hairs, you should consider a lotion with AHAs/BHAs/PHAs or a combo to exfoliate and help prevent those.

I like AmLactin, Gold Bond Rough and Bumpy Skin, and Paula's Choice Resist Body Lotion. If you use a body lotion with AHAs/BHAs/PHAs, then make sure you also use a sunscreen every day.

Super Contributor

Thanks, ladies! Where is the best place to buy the Salux cloth?

Trusted Contributor

Love the Salux Cloth. I got mine at a drugstore.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning