Super Contributor

Now that microbeads are a no no, how do you exfoliate your body?  I'm prone to ingrowns, so welcome ideas for legs and the bikini area.

Esteemed Contributor

Got a sample of Real Chemistry luminous 3 minute peel. It a body exfoliant. This was really nice!  I got it in my Birchbox. I liked it so much I sent for it. 

Honored Contributor

There are many body scrubs out there made with salt and sugar to do the scrubbing.  There are also exfoliating gloves you can wear in the shower and use with your choice of soap or body wash.

Respected Contributor

I use a Salux cloth with my favorite Olay or Dove body wash.  I've used it for many years. 

Honored Contributor

Borghese has a nice one. (Evine) It is creamy and doesn't make the shower floor slippery and does a nice job on the body.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

I use a Salux cloth with my favorite Olay or Dove body wash.  I've used it for many years. 

I second that for SALUX cloth!Heart Perfect exfoliater for the body. I also use a body lotion (Alpha Hydrox brand - Silk Body Wrap) which contains 12% glycolic. No more bumps, ingrowns or flakey skin. Use it on my feet as well.Woman Happy This combination of the Salux cloth and aha lotion has been the only thing that helps my scleroderma skin.

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

(facepalm) Oh, how could I have forgotten this?  I have a turquoise one hanging in my shower.

Honored Contributor

Dry brush.

2-3x a week.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

Dry brush.

2-3x a week.

@sidsmom,

Brushing used to be my preferred way of exfoliation.Heart Good for the circulation, too! But I can't do it anymore! Difficult to hold the brush. Need to find a special someone who will do it for me.Woman WinkWoman LOL

Respected Contributor

I used to splurge on Fresh Brown Sugar Body Scrub until I discovered Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub.

OMG, the smell is devine and it's warm on the skin, wonderful and very inexpensive. I get mine on-line at VitaCost.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield