Honored Contributor

I think her sale of the company was many yrs. ago. She remained as CEO so that she'd continue to have a hand in the future of her brand. I started using her skincare & makeup about 25 yrs. ago. Her foundation shades & formulations are wonderful & eye makeup to lipstick colors...all matched for me at counter w/ no pressure to purchase. Yes the downside of EL is animal testing. I do my best in all other areas of my life to protect animals, environment & planet earth, but I have to stand firm for my BB. There is no other makeup line w/ a fair foundation that doesn't turn pink or orange on me....been through Lancome, MAC, MUF, etc. I hope this one "gimme" is forgiven.

Respected Contributor
Honored Contributor

Like others mentioned, she sold it quite a number of years ago! If you've been buying her stuff any time in the past 20 years you've been using the EL owned Bobbi Brown stuff so obviously you still like the products!

Honored Contributor

@CalMom  Read the article. I'm crushed. Hate is a strong word, but I "detest" Estée Lauder cosmetics. I don't like the frosty old lady eye shadows, the skincare that my grandmother used, etc. It doesn't seem like a "new" up to date line. I hope they don't ruin what Bobbi built with the simple idea of  natural looking makeup to enhance your features not change them or cover them up and clear moisturized skin with simple steps so that you can wear less makeup. 

Honored Contributor

The posters are correct...old news.  It was sold a LONG time ago to EL which is when I stopped buying her products.

I boycott EL fully.  Every line, every item, totally.  There isn't ANYTHING I can't live without.  EL will never see a penny of mine!  And not only because of the animal testing.  They are corporate sponsors of MANY objectionable entities

Super Contributor

Re: Bobbie Brown

[ Edited ]

While Bobbi Brown sold to Estee Lauder many years ago, the news is that she is leaving the company -- like Jo Malone left her company (which is also owned by Estee Lauder), Leslie Blodgett left Bare Escentuals, or Christina Carlino left philosophy.

This means a new creative mind will steer the direction of the company.

Esteemed Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Ask any Ojon user what they think of Ojon after Estee Lauder bought the company. 

I was a dedicated Ojon user .... my hair was it's best with Ojon .. once it was sold to Estée Lauder I continued to use it BUT, now you can't find it anywhere except eBay & the prices on the very few items they have are triple in price .... I am so angry that Estée Lauder did this to a great product!!!

New Contributor

She sold to Lauder years ago and continued to run the company....she said she still felt like it was her company.  I think she wanted out of the daily grind and to start new adventures.  I know she is interested in healthy eating and nutrition.  

New Contributor

She sold to Lauder years ago and continued to run the com...

@twokats wrote:

Looks like she sold her company to Estee Lauder. Says she is looking forward to next phase of her life. Another good company sold.

She sold to Lauder years ago and continued to run the company....she said she still felt like it was her company.  I think she wanted out of the daily grind and to start new adventures.  I know she is interested in healthy eating and nutrition.