Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Since I am not a constant watcher, when I do watch I see changes in hosts.  My guess.... some kind of cosmetic surgery. More and more seem to be getting it.  My only issue is if they try selling facial creams that "remove" wrinkles when they themselves have had surgery I see it as false advertising.  

@bonnielu   Surgery doesn't remove wrinkles, but it will lift sagging skin. When I saw her w/ Doll 10, she looks like her face has gotten gaunt...being too thin at we age will do that...depending on bone structure. Round faces age better. I also think the heavy eye makeup and hair that's a bit too dark doesn't do her any favors. 

As far as weight goes, as we age, there's an expression, "Choose between your a*s and your face". 

@Shanus wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

Since I am not a constant watcher, when I do watch I see changes in hosts.  My guess.... some kind of cosmetic surgery. More and more seem to be getting it.  My only issue is if they try selling facial creams that "remove" wrinkles when they themselves have had surgery I see it as false advertising.  

@bonnielu   Surgery doesn't remove wrinkles, but it will lift sagging skin. When I saw her w/ Doll 10, she looks like her face has gotten gaunt...being too thin at we age will do that...depending on bone structure. Round faces age better. I also think the heavy eye makeup and hair that's a bit too dark doesn't do her any favors. 

As far as weight goes, as we age, there's an expression, "Choose between your a*s and your face". 

The problem is, after a certain age, where we carry our weight changes, besides the fact that you are more likely to gain weight without eating more.  Weight often moves from the A to the stomach which can cause other health problems.  I had one gynecologist tell me "just eat less" when asked about this phenomenon.  He is no longer my gynecologist.  My current gynecologist told me that after menopause you lose muscle, nothing you can do about it.  My goal is to prove her wrong and currently it's working. However, I'm currently on hormones, so that may change when she takes me off.  But, I'm gonna have as much built up muscle as possible that I can try to maintain before that day.  

Respected Contributor

I seldom watch HSN, but caught her with Dolly the other night presenting the TSV.  She still looks great, her hair was fuller.  But I was totally focused on that gorgeous dress she was wearing!!  Would have loved to have seen all of it.

Honored Contributor

Bobbi looked lovely last night, had her hair curled instead of the usual straight and it looked like a bit more eye makeup than usual. she wil lbe 69 soon, lookin good, she stays very thin. She was a great fit with Dolly. 

Regular Contributor

noticed her hair wasa little different.  But what ever she is a lousey hosts when it comes to handbags.  Never shows the interior.  the zipper opens and closes too many times.

Honored Contributor

Her h&m were different. I thought she looked great. I mentioned that in another thread earlier today. Her hair was styled differently, bangs were shorter and you could see her brows. Her eye mu was on the heavier side but not bad. She looked nice.

Occasional Contributor
So much plastic surgery it's a wonder she can speak. Tired of folks pushing skin care when it's so obvious they have had surgery & way too much. Much like the guests who push their products. Own your age!
Respected Contributor

This thread started in July of 2021.

Contributor

Been watching HSN for approximately 35 years.  I never cared for her.  I know she is a great person but with her personality and my personality  just don't chive.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess   You're so right. Muscle burns fat. I've always weight trained from my gymnastics days and as I got older reduced the weights to 10lbs. and added walking for bone health.

I'm also still on HRT even in my 70's. I have had a mastectomy (no risk of breast cancer...didn't have it before surgery) and a complete hysterectomy (no cancer risk there, either). My doc felt for me, it would keep my skin and hair in good shape and reduce the weight fluctuations.