Super Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown shimmer bricks question

I love the Shimmer Bricks too. I'm 49 and own 4:

Rose - I use this one the most often

Nectar - a close second

Pink

Apricot - discontinued

I use Bobbi's Pot Rouge and then apply a light dusting of the Shimmer Brick over it. The combination gives my skin a nice radiance.

Respected Contributor

Ordered Pink Quartz for a 2nd time and will give it the ol' college try 1 x more.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/24/2014 pdxlalesley said:

I am being tempted by her website's 20% off sale and the colors she has in the nudes and nectars sets--the shimmer brick looks gorgeous, and I know she calls it shimmer for a reason, but just how much of a pow does it give if you lightly brush all over the face? Too much for a 63 year old? It is just so darned pretty. I am getting a few lip glosses and nail polishes, but am on the fence about the brick.

This is my first ever purchase of BB cosmetics, and am not really into dept store sampling, so am hoping some beauties out there can share their shimmer brick experiences with me.

OH NO! Please don't brush Shimmer Brick all over your face. The product is not intended to be used all over like that. The result would just be too much for anything other than a magazine photography spread where the intent would be to show the punch the product can pack.

You will learn to love the Shimmer Brick, but give yourself some time learning how to lightly apply it so that it doesn't come across as too much shine and glitter. My suggestions for using Shimmer Brick are: over eye shadow-- I prefer just a little right below and over the eyebrow; on top of your cheekbones; and the forehead. Just stick to the areas where you want to bring a little more light effect to.

Super Contributor

On 2/25/2014 Trix said:
On 2/24/2014 pdxlalesley said:

I am being tempted by her website's 20% off sale and the colors she has in the nudes and nectars sets--the shimmer brick looks gorgeous, and I know she calls it shimmer for a reason, but just how much of a pow does it give if you lightly brush all over the face? Too much for a 63 year old? It is just so darned pretty. I am getting a few lip glosses and nail polishes, but am on the fence about the brick.

This is my first ever purchase of BB cosmetics, and am not really into dept store sampling, so am hoping some beauties out there can share their shimmer brick experiences with me.

OH NO! Please don't brush Shimmer Brick all over your face. The product is not intended to be used all over like that. The result would just be too much for anything other than a magazine photography spread where the intent would be to show the punch the product can pack.

You will learn to love the Shimmer Brick, but give yourself some time learning how to lightly apply it so that it doesn't come across as too much shine and glitter. My suggestions for using Shimmer Brick are: over eye shadow-- I prefer just a little right below and over the eyebrow; on top of your cheekbones; and the forehead. Just stick to the areas where you want to bring a little more light effect to.

Trix you made me laugh out loud! I had a picture in my head of my very shimmery visage out in the glaring socal sun, frightening small children and animals, giving airline pilots vision problems as they flew overhead! Not to worry, I know there will be a learning curve and I will make good use of how-to videos. I did purchase the Nectar brick and look forward to playing with it. Thanks everyone for your helpful comments, for me BB's line is pricey, but I wanted to try something new (to me).