Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation

I switched foundations a few months ago to Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation.  I love it.  I ordered something else from her website, and you choose the samples you want.  I chose the stick foundation samples in fair.  I was able to try about six different shades, and found the perfect match.

I wasn't sure how much I would like using the stick, but it's great.  It's so easy and blends smoothly.  It looks nice all day.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation

@NickNack : I adore this stick foundation, especially because it comes in a HUGE variety of skin colors. I'm Alabaster!

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.39.06 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 9.42.06 AM.png

Valued Contributor

I've been using this for years. You can wear this as sheer or medium coverage. I love that i can find a shade that matches my skin perfectly. 

Trusted Contributor

I love this. Also use in a dark color as contour/bronzer.
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I switched foundations a few months ago to Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation.  I love it.  I ordered something else from her website, and you choose the samples you want.  I chose the stick foundation samples in fair.  I was able to try about six different shades, and found the perfect match.

I wasn't sure how much I would like using the stick, but it's great.  It's so easy and blends smoothly.  It looks nice all day.

how do you apply a stick foundation?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nana59 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@nana59    You just glide it on your face with the stick.  Then I just rub it in with my fingers.  You could also put it on with the stick and then use a foundation brush to smooth it in.  There's a video on the Bobbi Brown website.

Edited to say:  I just watched the video again, and you mostly see her using the foundation brush to blend it in.  About halfway through she does put more foundation on her face with the stick.

-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@nana59 wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@nana59    You just glide it on your face with the stick.  Then I just rub it in with my fingers.  You could also put it on with the stick and then use a foundation brush to smooth it in.  There's a video on the Bobbi Brown website.

thanks....i think i'll give it a try!

Honored Contributor

@1Professor & others: I’ve used this stick for 22 yrs.!! Porcelain in summer and Alabaster in winter. It’s what brought me to BB. It’s still the only fair foundation that isn’t pink or orange. The slightly yellow cast in all BB foundations, concealers, etc. is to cancel any redness...like a built-in color corrector. 

The formula is emollient enough, for me, to use as concealer as well....In fact, when BB started, she didn’t have corrrectors/concealers. Your makeup was done w/ 3 sticks: complexion shade Foundation Stick, stick one shade lighter as concealer and her Blush Stick (loved it, but discontinued long ago). I use NARS Orgasm blush stick & can do my makeup w/ 3 sticks if needed. 

Honored Contributor

@1Professor  @Shanus   I'm Porcelain.  It's interesting that we're all so fair.  I think this is the most perfect match I've ever had in a foundation.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@1Professor  @Shanus   I'm Porcelain.  It's interesting that we're all so fair.  I think this is the most perfect match I've ever had in a foundation.

@NickNack : Adore your sign-offs

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens