Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown's Stick Foundation

@1Professor wrote:

@NickNack wrote:

@1Professor  @Shanus   I'm Porcelain.  It's interesting that we're all so fair.  I think this is the most perfect match I've ever had in a foundation.

@NickNack : Adore your sign-offs

My little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. —Edith Wharton
What greater gift than the love of a cat.--Charles Dickens

Thank you @1Professor .  Smiley Happy

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

Yes....I remember that well!  I started using Bobbi’s line just a couple of years after it became available!  Later I managed  a Bobbi Brown counter and was a makeup artist for 10 years using her complete line.....still love them it!

Honored Contributor

@redsnapper wrote:

Yes....I remember that well!  I started using Bobbi’s line just a couple of years after it became available!  Later I managed  a Bobbi Brown counter and was a makeup artist for 10 years using her complete line.....still love them it!

@redsnapper   Ah, a fellow makeup artist...at Bobbi Brown, no less. What do you think about the negative things happening to the line ( discontinued favorites, prices higher than many prestige brands, seems geared to much younger buyer, far from Bobbi’s original vision of “natural”, etc.)? 

Contributor

@Shanus  of course I feel the same way you do....I loved her original concept!  We all knew it would become just one new product after another once she wasn’t involved any longer.....  I still have some Bobbi Brown Essentials products just for old time’s sake😁

i miss: Moisture Rich foundation, stick blush and bronzers, and some of the eyeshadow and lipstick colors no longer available....heck, even the stick foundation isn’t the same!

Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@redsnapper wrote:

@redsnapper   Ah, a fellow makeup artist...at Bobbi Brown, no less. What do you think about the negative things happening to the line ( discontinued favorites, prices higher than many prestige brands, seems geared to much younger buyer, far from Bobbi’s original vision of “natural”, etc.)? 

I'm getting so disappointed with Bobbi Brown.  I just noticed that they are discontinuing their cream eyeshadows in a pot.  So if anyone uses them, might want to purchase before they are gone.  Wish Bobbi would start a "new" cosmetic line.

Honored Contributor

@redsnapper wrote:

@Shanus  of course I feel the same way you do....I loved her original concept!  We all knew it would become just one new product after another once she wasn’t involved any longer.....  I still have some Bobbi Brown Essentials products just for old time’s sake😁

i miss: Moisture Rich foundation, stick blush and bronzers, and some of the eyeshadow and lipstick colors no longer available....heck, even the stick foundation isn’t the same!

@redsnapper   I do like the new formula of the stick foundation. I think it blends easier and if not mistaken, many more shades were added. In the last month alone, my Bare Illuminating Powder is gone, matte shadows are limited, shimmer wash shadows are being phased out and all empty pan palettes except the 3 pan are obsolute. Out of the many previous choices, only 2 cleansers are left. I’ve started purchasing Laura Mercier shadow sticks ($2 or $3 less) and BB lipstick and gloss prices are out of site. I’ve gone to other brands. I’ve stayed w/ the corrector, concealer and foundation sticks just because of the shade perfection. I cannot find anything else, so far, that’s such a perfect match.

Honored Contributor

My skin is too oily for those sticks!  I have also found great colored neutral foundations in Dior's liquids.  They work great for me!  And the matte finish (more matte) holds its own against the oil.

Dior's are my go-to when I really want to look great!  Just a note if you have hard to match light skin as I do. 

Honored Contributor

@Clearsunshine wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@redsnapper wrote:

I'm getting so disappointed with Bobbi Brown.  I just noticed that they are discontinuing their cream eyeshadows in a pot.  So if anyone uses them, might want to purchase before they are gone.  Wish Bobbi would start a "new" cosmetic line.

@Clearsunshine   For awhile, there was buzz she was looking into an all natural makeup line. She talked about it in a few interviews and mentioned chemists and bottle designs being simple apothecary style. Hopefully, she’s still thinking about it. I feel she’s genius when it comes to her sense of natural, enhancing features vision. I’m so fortunate to have worked and learned from her for many years.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

My skin is too oily for those sticks!  I have also found great colored neutral foundations in Dior's liquids.  They work great for me!  And the matte finish (more matte) holds its own against the oil.

Dior's are my go-to when I really want to look great!  Just a note if you have hard to match light skin as I do. 

@Sooner   Estée Lauder Double Wear is a good foundation I often use on clients.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Sooner   Estée Lauder Double Wear is a good foundation I often use on clients.

@Shanus I have never been able to wear EL because they are about the worst for me of the pink/yellow issue.  I used to try them at the counter but it always showed up as my face being a different color.

Skin tones come in an amazing array of colors don't they? It's like snowflakes--no two are really alike!  LOL!!! But thanks for the suggestion!!!!  Woman Happy