Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown is now the creative consultant for Lord & Taylor...WHAT?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown is now the creative consultant for Lord & Taylor...WHAT?

I may be alone, but really like Lord & Taylor.  In store shopping and don't seem to have the online problems everyone here keeps talking about - manage to spend money online with them all the time.  Great sale prices.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bobbi's new job is retail marketing for Lord & Taylor.  It has nothing to do directly with cosmetics.  I would dare to guess that this may be a job which surfaced by having access to the right ears to pitch her ideas to.  This happens all the time amongst people who live in the higher up circles and personally know the influential decision makers of companies.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aggravated  I also like Lord & Taylor, however, there are only 2 in my state. They've been closing stores all over the place so that's why I'm surprised she went with this specific retailer. The #1 reason I and others I know rarely shop there anymore is lack of salespeople and lack of registers. On the top floor of my local store (which includes children, undies, coats/swimwear, plus sizes, petites, formal wear, mens and luggage) there are TWO registers. TWO. Guess how many salespeople? I want to say 2 but the last sale I attended, I stood in line for 15 minutes with 7 other women waiting for someone...... NO ONE appeared. 

Cosmetics isn't any better. They have 1 person working fragrances and then 2 other salespeople working ALL the other counters. It's a mess.

My apologies to Trixx; I had no idea from my link that her new adventure was about clothing and other such "stuff". 

Esteemed Contributor

From Footwear News, this article expands on why Bobbi Brown wants to be an entrepreneur again. You can also see what the JustBobbi store in a store looks like - it's a lifestyle brand store with clothes and shoes that Bobbi likes and wears.

https://footwearnews.com/2017/influencers/power-players/bobbi-brown-interview-lord-and-taylor-339680...

Also from Retail Dive, an analysis of the Bobbi Brown x Lord and Taylor collaboration:

http://www.retaildive.com/news/lord-taylor-inks-exclusive-deal-with-makeup-guru-bobbi-brown/440649/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TY  Wow, THANK you for these links. I went back and re-read the link I posted and listened to the interview and NOT once did anyone say (including Bobbi) that this was about clothing and stuff instead of makeup. 

I wonder if anyone will buy it; did she design any of the items? Or is it simply pulling her favorites (like Oprah) all into one place? Your links provided far more info. Had I known it was FASHION, I would not have placed this in beauty.  Have to say, kinda disappointed that it's clothes and water bottles, etc. 

Mods, please move this thread if you deem necessary.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

It does sound like Bobbi Brown is curating a collection of clothes and shoes. I imagine that she has to sit out a non-compete clause with Estee Lauder before she starts up another makeup or skin care brand but of course it's not mentioned in the articles.

When Bobbi talks about days where she doesn't wear makeup or wears very little as she gets older, that's the antithesis of where the Bobbi Brown makeup line is going with all their highlighters and over done makeup ala the recent QVC presentations of the Bobbi Brown makeup line. Whether Bobbi left her makeup line of her own accord or not, her makeup philosophy hasn't changed in that she likes a natural look. I imagine that her new book would reflect that too.

Honored Contributor

@TY One of the things I found interesting (and kinda sad) were videos on YouTube where Bobbi is doing the makeup of someone and the comments below the video were very rude and ALL shared the following opinion:

*the makeup is boring

*YouTubers do MUCH better makeup

*her application is terrible

*the person looks blah and boring with that kind of makeup.

It became very obvious very quickly, that those watching her videos EXPECTED to see lots of over done eyeshadow, heavy contouring, LOTS of shine/glimmer, etc. You know, where the person looks NOTHING like they do in real life. That has never been Bobbi's look and sadly, thousands of teens and young women believe that the overdone/heavy contour/Instragram look IS normal to wear everyday, to a job interview, etc not to mention feeling awful about themselves because they don't look like that. Very interesting, indeed.

Check out Bobbi doing Sally Hughes makeup and you'll see. There are many Bobbi does a "YouTube celebrity" via Bobbi Brown or BB Pro; it's an eye opener reading those comments. I truly believe that EL wants to cash in on the "YouTube" look and Bobbi simply wasn't willing to go along with that way of applying makeup. Different philosophy so... they parted ways.

Honored Contributor

It will be interesting to see any changes because of her.  I always liked Lord & Taylor and use to have a charge with them.  They have some excellent sales.   Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

http://www.racked.com/2017/4/18/15334972/bobbi-brown-concept-shop-just-bobbi-lord-and-taylor

From Racked, another article about Bobbi Brown. There's a couple of closeup photos of what's available in the JustBobbi store inside the Lord and Taylor store including her new book Beauty From the Inside Out. I also spy the Dyson hairdryer among her favorite things.