Trusted Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown is now the creative consultant for Lord & Taylor...WHAT?

@SahmIam wrote:

@aggravated  I also like Lord & Taylor, however, there are only 2 in my state. They've been closing stores all over the place so that's why I'm surprised she went with this specific retailer. The #1 reason I and others I know rarely shop there anymore is lack of salespeople and lack of registers. On the top floor of my local store (which includes children, undies, coats/swimwear, plus sizes, petites, formal wear, mens and luggage) there are TWO registers. TWO. Guess how many salespeople? I want to say 2 but the last sale I attended, I stood in line for 15 minutes with 7 other women waiting for someone...... NO ONE appeared. 

Cosmetics isn't any better. They have 1 person working fragrances and then 2 other salespeople working ALL the other counters. It's a mess.

My apologies to Trixx; I had no idea from my link that her new adventure was about clothing and other such "stuff". 

Sorry to hear this.  I am in Northern Virginia and L&T is still in the Tysons Corner Mall 1 - one of the busiest malls in the country.  The store doesn't seem to suffer from a lack of cash registers or salespeople and it's still a very pleasant place to shop.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated  I've been to your store; the difference is shocking. I'm not sure why as we are one of the richest counties in the US; you would never know it to walk into my local Lord & Taylor. : (

Valued Contributor

IMO she has always had good taste and a good eye, so I'm looking forward to this. Hudsons Bay owns L&T and Saks, so maybe the concept will expand.

Honored Contributor

@aggravated wrote:

I may be alone, but really like Lord & Taylor.  In store shopping and don't seem to have the online problems everyone here keeps talking about - manage to spend money online with them all the time.  Great sale prices.

I love Lord and Taylor.  I detest their website though.  

We don't have one here in town, but I've been in them many times in the Philly area--King of Prussia mall has or had one the last time I was there.!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

She was on the Wendy Williams show yesterday. Did what's new in makeup and talked a little about her new project.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam, No apology is necessary.  I only inserted my first post on this thread for anyone who may have thought that Bobbi's new venture with Lord & Taylor was involving a cosmetics brand collaboration for exclusive sale at Lord & Taylor stores. 

As far as Bobbi's former cosmetic brand is concerned, I'm surprised she remained for as long as she did.  When Bobbi started the line, the one philosophy she repeatedly said was her line would offer women a place to go for fine makeup which enhanced a natural appearance. With so much of the new makeup-- even from old brands-- featuring shimmer and frost, unnatural hues for eyeshadows, blush, and lips, mascaras which create fringy lashes, shiney highlighters, contouring products, and so on Bobbi probably figured if her namesake brand was forced to produce those products contracturally for Estee Lauder, then it was time to go. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bobbi Brown has an interesting collection of reading glasses and sunglasses on both the Lord & Taylor website and the Hudson's Bay website. I don't think I've ever seen her readers or sunglasses in a bricks and mortar store though. They are expensive though.

Esteemed Contributor

Bloomingdale's has Bobbi's eyewear collection too.