Honored Contributor

~*Bobbi Brown and what she just said about eye shadows*~

I love the quality of her shadows and she just said in this kit you can use her foundation etc. with green shadows etc.... that she will never have. Sometimes a girl would like to have fun and this one would like... BB shadows in greens...anyone else? Doesn't this really seem to be counterproductive...why not give her fans a larger selection? I realize she will not be changing her philosophy for me...just pondering.

I do really enjoy watching her presentations...she is so informative.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Occasional Contributor

Re: ~*Bobbi Brown and what she just said about eye shadows*~

She does have single green eye shadows on her website for sale...in seasonal collections she will often come out with really bright colors (like bright blue, purple, etc.). I've also got green in shadow palettes before. So it is possible to find! just keep your eye out Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

She may have forgotten that years ago she had a summer palette with green, turquoise, and other SPARKLY colors in it! I was wearing BB and Laura Mercier at the time, and I let the MUA talk me into it, saying it would give me a bronzed and beautiful look for summer! Every color I put on looked like shimmery silver with a slight tint of the color, so I ended up giving it to DD!

I do like Bobbi, and I'm tempted by this TSV, but I think I'm happier "playing" with other brands right now. You do learn a lot from her, but I remember when she first started out and said she would NEVER do shimmer! Smile

Honored Contributor

LOL...so she has had greens and blues(?). I never realized she said she will not have shimmer...now she has many. I do like some shimmer on top of the more matte colors and she really showed how to achieve a nice look using both today.

Super Contributor

On 4/29/2014 beach-mom said:

She may have forgotten that years ago she had a summer palette with green, turquoise, and other SPARKLY colors in it! I was wearing BB and Laura Mercier at the time, and I let the MUA talk me into it, saying it would give me a bronzed and beautiful look for summer! Every color I put on looked like shimmery silver with a slight tint of the color, so I ended up giving it to DD!

I do like Bobbi, and I'm tempted by this TSV, but I think I'm happier "playing" with other brands right now. You do learn a lot from her, but I remember when she first started out and said she would NEVER do shimmer! Smile

She said she would never do shimmer ??????? HA ! That's EXACTLY why I do not buy her products, I've tried them and they make me look like an old clown. You need to be very young to wear her eye and cheek products. You can't have a single wrinkle or crepiness, or fish scale eyes or her sparkle and shimmer products will accent every single one you have. I don't know why she insists on doing it in almost everything she makes, unless she believes only people under 35 should wear her makeup.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/29/2014 croemer said:

LOL...so she has had greens and blues(?). I never realized she said she will not have shimmer...now she has many. I do like some shimmer on top of the more matte colors and she really showed how to achieve a nice look using both today.

Hi croemer - That's funny that she said that about greens which she will never have. She does have 2 greens on sale on her website now. Maybe she meant a specific kind of green? Anyway, I agree with you that she's doing a really nice job on the presentations today. I am soooo tempted!! Smile

Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 Karena said:
On 4/29/2014 croemer said:

Hi croemer - That's funny that she said that about greens which she will never have. She does have 2 greens on sale on her website now. Maybe she meant a specific kind of green? Anyway, I agree with you that she's doing a really nice job on the presentations today. I am soooo tempted!! Smile

Hi karena, huh call me confused? Not sure why she said that then? Oh well...love her presentations. Have a nice evening!

Super Contributor

I wear dark green shadows and liners a lot! Great for brown eyed girls!
Honored Contributor

On 4/29/2014 PKB said: I wear dark green shadows and liners a lot! Great for brown eyed girls!

Brown eyes here too and wore green today!

Super Contributor

She also said last night that she wanted to create makeup that real women could apply, and she then had the model apply her own eyeliner. Not 60 seconds later she said the model was a makeup artist and so better not mess it up.