Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown: What Happened To All Her Fragrances???

@mimi5775  If you go the web site, they may or may not be there (they are not on Nordstrom, NM, Saks,Bobbi Brown. com and other retailers that sells her line. I don't shop at Macy's, do I haven't checked it out.

I will tell you that Macy's and Lord & Taylor seem to be the Ugly Redheaded Stepchild when it comes to finding products; they always seem to have what no one else does. I think because, for the most part, consumers forget about these 2 stores and so, stock is often there a long time after it sells out everywhere else.

There is also the question of whether Estee Lauder deemed her scents to be RTV'd or not (Return To Vendor). If yes, then ALL stock must be pulled and is scent back to the company. A store that doesn't is fined by the vendor (not the store) so it gets pulled ASAP. If the vendor chooses to allow it to stay and sell through the stock, then consumers have a chance to find it at places that are off the path, shall we say. 

Your local Macy's may be one of those. Which one is it as my SIL would LOVE to purchase a few more BB Bath; that is, if the store will do a charge and send. : )

Honored Contributor

@lmt wrote:

I used to be a big Bobbi Brown fan. A few year ago the line took a different direction and I haven't bought anything since.

One of my favorite perfumes was BEACH. Then they reconfigured the bottle and raised the price. I remember there was a big discussion about how the perfume changed. Some said yes, others said no. IMO, it most certainly did change and NOT for the better. 

I also used to love ALMOST BARE and BOBBI'S PARTY. I still wear and love BATH. Now I see that all her fragrances, except BEACH, are gone from her website.

I guess they've been discontinued. What a shame!

@lmt When B.B. left, too many things started to change. Many products sold now in groups so very expensive. My concealer is only avail. in a compact w/ powder (don’t need powder), so looked for another one, changed all my skincare...hers too much $ considering just moisturizers. Yes, Beach still avail., but smells weaker to me. The company was going downhill w/ Estée Lauder holding her back. She was smart to dump & run!

Honored Contributor

@lmt@SahmIam@mimi5775@wonderfulworld@San Antonio Gal et al: 25% off on her site today!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Unfortunately, even if it was 50% off, I still couldn't find anything to buy at Bobbi Brown anymore.

So many wonderful products have been discontinued. I still miss my favorite eye shadows, Rockstar and Fawn. The choices now for eye shadow are miniscule compared to what they used to offer. 

The only thing I was still buying was the Bath perfume and now that it's gone........

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

@Shanus  Unfortunately, even if it was 50% off, I still couldn't find anything to buy at Bobbi Brown anymore.

So many wonderful products have been discontinued. I still miss my favorite eye shadows, Rockstar and Fawn. The choices now for eye shadow are miniscule compared to what they used to offer. 

The only thing I was still buying was the Bath perfume and now that it's gone........

@lmt  It’s a darn shame. I used the line exclusively...makeup/skincare for 20 yrs., which says a lot for me...beauty junkie. Bobbi Brown is a shell of what it used to be. The counters at my stores are getting smaller and her prices are out of sight. Oh well...other “fish” in the sea, except her foundations for me (most often the stick)...alabaster, the lightest she has for winter & porcelain for summer...a step up. If those change/discontinued....guess I’m on the hunt again.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanusty i know! i posted about it--looks like a 5 day event. Must tell my sister who loves and needs a lot of Bobbi! Smiley Happy   have my cart filled with only 2 things so far...not enough! lol

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Trusted Contributor

@lmtOh what a shame, her Fawn e/s is no longer sold. I have a zillion e/'s and many of my faves are hers I just place larger palettes and fawn was a go too. But many I like as well close to that...oddly that was a great neutral and a perfect colro all what Bobbi was about in her theory of nautral when she began..I have my Laura Mercier which are similar. But Fawn stands out. Tsk tsk.

Take the $$ and move on as she is! google all about her new ideas and a health drink maybe coming here to q.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SahmIamGood info no idea all of that goes on in a store.

you had me lol at "Macy's and Lord & Taylor seem to be the Ugly Redheaded Stepchild when it comes to finding products;"

Never heard of that saying lol!!

EDIT: omgosh went to the Bobbi site to check out things out since there's a sale  (everything's overpriced for us out there so just bought 2 things that =47.00 +/tax! gel liner and a small slanted brush). I saw what they discontinued and WOW faves for myself and for many even people even in their Q&A area 2 people said choc shimmer e/s and other faves they loved are gone - I too loved that shade and one on this thread said Fawn is done with! I looked and the lovely shimmer washes I have so many of and have had and work are discontinued... very few left but as said I can see when at Macy's on display. I'm throwing away my discontinued items since can' get again and will use my Laura Mercier and It cos. and others now. Good.. less stuff in my life lol!

But still mad Estee L. has changed so much as if we are stupid idiots and not loyal and enjoy staples and know what is good. Now they sell lots of glittery things and limited edition items (I never buy ltd. edn.) I hope the Skin Foundation I use doesn't stop I will be royally mad as all he-double-hockey sticks!.

Done rant :<