Honored Contributor

So I like to check out the program guide just to see what's coming up. To my surprise I see a show for Bobbi Brown kicking off January 3!! Can this really be, I can't remember the last time there was a Bobbi Brown TSV, they're barely ever on.

Regular Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown TSV

[ Edited ]

I checked on a gal in the know (blue skys for me website) and it looks like it’s not makeup related at all.  Instead, it’s a health product (8Greens) - fitting for the new year.

Honored Contributor

@HangingTen wrote:

I checked on a gal in the know (blue skys for me website) and it looks like it’s not makeup related at all.  Instead, it’s a health product (8Greens) - fitting for the new year.

@HangingTen, well that's disappointing.

Honored Contributor

@HangingTen  That's very interesting that Bobbi is returning to QVC with her new business venture. 

She sold her name to Estee Lauder so she can't advertise under Bobbi Brown. I don't recall what her new company is called...something with "Green" in it so I'm surprised QVC has it listed as Bobbi Brown on the schedule (for reasons stated).

Bobbi is a huge supporter of Bio-identical hormones and she credits Suzanne Somers every chance she gets. In her book, in interviews (online, paper and on air) she tells the story of how she read one Suzanne's books and was shocked at how little she (Bobbi) knew about menopause and hormones. She changed her eating style based on those books, got her sister and friends into the groove and they all never looked back. Now she's here along with Suzanne selling her nutritional stuff as well as with those who sell products bearing her name which she is not allowed to use.

Like I said...it's interesting.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@HangingTen  That's very interesting that Bobbi is returning to QVC with her new business venture. 

She sold her name to Estee Lauder so she can't advertise under Bobbi Brown. I don't recall what her new company is called...something with "Green" in it so I'm surprised QVC has it listed as Bobbi Brown on the schedule (for reasons stated).

Bobbi is a huge supporter of Bio-identical hormones and she credits Suzanne Somers every chance she gets. In her book, in interviews (online, paper and on air) she tells the story of how she read one Suzanne's books and was shocked at how little she (Bobbi) knew about menopause and hormones. She changed her eating style based on those books, got her sister and friends into the groove and they all never looked back. Now she's here along with Suzanne selling her nutritional stuff as well as with those who sell products bearing her name which she is not allowed to use.

Like I said...it's interesting.

@SahmIam  Bobbi linked w/ Suzanne Somers? OMG!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Yep. In fact, Suzanne credits Cybil Sheppard for being responsible for making the subject matter (hormone issues and Bio-identical hormone therapy) public. 

Cybil discussed in the Oprah Winfrey show WAY back in the day. I remember watching it and wondering WTH she was talking about. Oprah did NOT look comfortable and interrupted Cybil quite a bit; Cybil was not too happy. Women in the audience looked a bit uncomfortable especially when Cybil brought up the lack of a s e x drive and how BHT could help (at the time, it was creams being rubbed in the skin). Oprah stopped that REAL fast and cut to a commercial.

Suzanne saw that episode, contacted Cybil, they chatted and the rest, as they say, is history. Bobbi did the same thing and claims it saved her life in many ways. Bobbi was relieved to read that Suzanne suffered the same attitude from her long-time doctors and was ignored; Bobbi, her sister and another family member experienced that as well and then found out friends had as well. Her opinion of main-stream medicine has changed dramatically (her words, not mine), due to how she and so many women she knows and trusts in were treated in the same, dismissive way when menopause arrived.

Empowerment is empowerment; sometimes you find it via a surprising source.

Valued Contributor
In her makeup books Bobbi always had a nutrition section, and her blog (before she left BB) was heavy in the nutrition too, the supplements seem to be more of a natural evolution for her.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Fluke67  She wasn't heavy into nutririon until she went through menopause. She goes into detail in one of her books (I don't know the title off of my head though I do own it). Befoe that, it was nothing more than eating well in order to have good skin but she admits she didn't really follow her own advise. 

Since she can't go into the world of cosmetics, I guess supplements (especially today) was a good business move. I wouldn't call it a natural progressions, however. More of a "what can I do in order to make money now" way of thinking. Not that she needs to, lol.

Has anyone seen or been to their hotel? It's suspposed to be jaw-dropping.

Respected Contributor

Color me disappointed! Would love cosmetics.

Trusted Contributor

On one hand I'm disapointed it's not BB cosmetics. 

On the other hand, I'm glad because I need less than no cosmetics - Zero, zip, zilch. 

and as far as the supplements...nope...sorry...