Respected Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown TSV - Like or Not?

On 5/6/2014 gingersnaps said: I remember the Antiqua and Maui bronzer rave Funloving... lol Antiqua is still one of my all time favorites. I passed on this TSV, kinda wished I didn't, but I already own a few of the eyeshadows that were in the pallette, and the only item I was really curious about was that pretty shade of Pot Rouge.

Ginger!!!! haha I'll never forget OUR mission to collect all of Bobbi's Shimmer Bricks! I'm so glad you missed the bid for the hard to find shade that was going for 80 bucks on eBay!

ROFLMAO!

Super Contributor

On 5/7/2014 racerrn said:

I'm actually a little disappointed with it. I don't like the face pallette at all!!! The concealer lays in all your fine lines! There also seems to be a lot of yellow in the concealer. Didn't like the Rogue pot at all!!!! Very drying on my skin!!! The shadows were sort of blah!

The concealer sat in my fine lines too, it really made me look worse not better. I really realized that after going back to BE foundation and SSC CC Eye today. Funny how some brands work for some people, but not at all for others. For me, BB reminds me of Smashbox, they're both high end, but neither work for me.

Valued Contributor

Those who are complaining about the concealer or corrector laying in the lines could be using too much. You might try watching Bobbi's how to videos on her website.

Super Contributor

I use her foundation stick every day, but only where needed. I had every thing else in her kit except the under eye corrector I ordered two different shade not sure which one to get. I dab it on with my finger it's so perfect no lines under my eyes. I don't even put concealer over it. If you have a problem with it your using way too much. It's great.
Valued Contributor

I just sent mine back. Though I love some of Bobbi's stuff, this kit just didn't last long on my face. I loved the liner and the pot rouge but that wasn't enough to spend $90 on those 2 items. I also sent back Kate Somerville's TSV. It dried my face out. I now know that I'm not missing anything with higher priced lines and will stick with Skinn, a line that works great for me.

Super Contributor

I use my ringer finger to apply the concealer and don't use too much, if anything I used too little because the coverage wasn't very good either.

Frequent Contributor

I kind of wish I'd ordered it, but I'd rather have different colors in the shadow palette and blush. I haven't tried the concealer or corrector. I'll wait and see what she does next year. I missed the one I really wanted two years ago.

Super Contributor

I sent mine back, the colors are too much like her last tsv, I am speaking about the eye palette. I try and try every time but it is just too expensive to have almost the same colors

New Contributor

I received the TSV of Bobbi's nd it is too early to tell although I like her stick makeup, may give up IT Celebration foundation. Looks too chalky. Anyone else agree with me?

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 lianne said:

Those who are complaining about the concealer or corrector laying in the lines could be using too much. You might try watching Bobbi's how to videos on her website.

lianne-

I'll try mine again, although I did apply very conservatively as I recall. And, tried several times to make it work with the same results. It's worth another shot though. I'll let you know if something changes.

I've been using Mally's Cancellation Concealer for quite some time without issue. Others too- all of which I've never encountered this problem.