Occasional Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown TSV - Like or Not?

I remember the Antiqua and Maui bronzer rave Funloving... lol Antiqua is still one of my all time favorites. I passed on this TSV, kinda wished I didn't, but I already own a few of the eyeshadows that were in the pallette, and the only item I was really curious about was that pretty shade of Pot Rouge.
Regular Contributor

Am I the only one having problems opening the cases? BOY ARE THEY HARD TO OPEN....especially the eyeshadow case. ! Will probably return for that reason alone - I will Icontinue to read reviews before I make.my decision to try the products-

Respected Contributor

I'm having a hard time opening them too - found I need to use my thumbnail strategically and then it's easy.

Respected Contributor

I'm having a tough time w/the face palette opening. It gets easier the more I use it.

Contributor

I was looking forward to this TSV. Then I found out what it was and was so disappointed. Well at the last minute I ordered thinking I can always return. I received and have only applied over my other end of day make up.

Didn't think I'd like the pot rouge but its a very nice color...we'll see regarding its lasting power. Love the gloss! Eye liner is nice - will have to use more to tell with time.

Didn't think I'd like the eyeshadows either ...but I really like them. The camel color one is going to be a favorite and the ""sparkle"" ones are different than any other I've used. Very subtle and gives you just that little somethin' somethin' ...face pallet will be nice to keep in desk for touch ups but her concealer is not the best for me. All in all I'm glad ordered will have to see how it wares. I almost forgot the brush. BB brushes are so nice and this one is no exception...like its double ended too.

-Chi

Valued Contributor

Love! Everything was just as described and it looks great on. Another win by Bobbi as far as I'm concerned! Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

I sent the kit back untried. The only parts that I could wear are in the face pallette. I am very fair with lots of cool tones. The shadows are too yellow/orange for my eyes, and the pot rouge is way too strong. I usually wear powder pink or blushed rose in Bobbi's pot rouge or slopes in powder blusher. Granite is my everyday liner, it's cool enough to go with my shadows (shell, cement and sometimes slate) but doesn't clash with my brown eyes. True-brown liners like that black chocolate make my eyes look red and irritated.
Valued Contributor

I am not very happy with it, but I will keep it. I like a few things in it.

Regular Contributor

I'm actually a little disappointed with it. I don't like the face pallette at all!!! The concealer lays in all your fine lines! There also seems to be a lot of yellow in the concealer. Didn't like the Rogue pot at all!!!! Very drying on my skin!!! The shadows were sort of blah!

Respected Contributor

On 5/7/2014 racerrn said:

I'm actually a little disappointed with it. I don't like the face pallette at all!!! The concealer lays in all your fine lines! There also seems to be a lot of yellow in the concealer. Didn't like the Rogue pot at all!!!! Very drying on my skin!!! The shadows were sort of blah!

I haven't tried my BB concealer in a while, racern.. but, I know at the time I bought it online I was totally disappointed. It created lines where there were none even over good eye cream. I haven't had that problem with a litany of other concealers at all different price points. It was a bomb for me.. not for lack of trying though.