Valued Contributor

Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow

Has anybody found a dupe for this product?  I've been having major withdrawal since Bobbi Brown decided to discontinue this product from their line-up.  I'm talking about the eye shadow in the pot not the stick form of this product.  If you go onto the Bobbi Brown website, there's message after message begging for the company to bring back this eye shadow.  It's an iconic Bobbi Brown product like her brown lipstick and stick foundation.  Absolutely makes no sense that they would discontinue such a popular product.  I've tried the Clinique stick which is ok and also the Laura Mercier stick shadows but I find them dry.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Long Wear Cream Eye Shadow

@sueeich wrote:

Has anybody found a dupe for this product?  I've been having major withdrawal since Bobbi Brown decided to discontinue this product from their line-up.  I'm talking about the eye shadow in the pot not the stick form of this product.  If you go onto the Bobbi Brown website, there's message after message begging for the company to bring back this eye shadow.  It's an iconic Bobbi Brown product like her brown lipstick and stick foundation.  Absolutely makes no sense that they would discontinue such a popular product.  I've tried the Clinique stick which is ok and also the Laura Mercier stick shadows but I find them dry.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

@sueeich   No dupe necessary. Amazon still has about 8 colors available. I purchased a few several months ago. Order quickly before they're gone. 

Valued Contributor

@sueeich  I feel your pain.. Bobbi Brown discontinued my Extra moisturizing balm and lots of pleas they're ignoring too. I dont know why they discontinue beloved products!  I have heard great things about Mac Paint pot cream shadows..I .havent tried them but friends of mine love them. 

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@sueeich  I feel your pain.. Bobbi Brown discontinued my Extra moisturizing balm and lots of pleas they're ignoring too. I dont know why they discontinue beloved products!  I have heard great things about Mac Paint pot cream shadows..I .havent tried them but friends of mine love them. 

@DianeJ2   Sephora still has the Extra Balm at least for now, but out of stock. They're emailing me when it comes back in. Please check Amazon. A jar lasts me almost 6 months since it's so concentrated. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you!!  You always come through...I was secretly hoping you would know for me too 😊    

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@Shanus  Thank you!!  You always come through...I was secretly hoping you would know for me too 😊    

@DianeJ2   💕

Valued Contributor

I think I checked Amazon a couple of days ago and there were some shades available but the markups are crazy!  It's almost robbery.  Wish I knew what was going on with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.  Since she sold out and has nothing to do with the company anymore, they've taken the brand in a completely new direction that I'm not happy about.  Obviously, they can do whatever they want, but when they discontinue so many products that have almost cult followings, it makes you wonder where they are planning on taking the company.

I am thinking about trying one of their eye shadow sticks, but the reviews are kind of hit and miss.  Does anyone have any experience with them?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueeich wrote:

I think I checked Amazon a couple of days ago and there were some shades available but the markups are crazy!  It's almost robbery.  Wish I knew what was going on with Bobbi Brown Cosmetics.  Since she sold out and has nothing to do with the company anymore, they've taken the brand in a completely new direction that I'm not happy about.  Obviously, they can do whatever they want, but when they discontinue so many products that have almost cult followings, it makes you wonder where they are planning on taking the company.

I am thinking about trying one of their eye shadow sticks, but the reviews are kind of hit and miss.  Does anyone have any experience with them?

@sueeich   Of course, I've worked w/ BB Shadow Sticks and find the Laura Mercier ones more creamy and a little less money. In the last year, Cover Girl has come out w/ a dupe...not as creamy, but for a lower price, not too shabby. 

Respected Contributor

This cream eyeshadow is one of my favoritesWoman Sad

Respected Contributor

Have you ever tried the Maybelline cream eyeshadows? L'Oreal has them. Check out Ulta on line and see what they have. I wouldn't trust BB anymore since she sold the company it will only go down hill from now on. Start checking out other lines. Charolette Tliisbuty has a cream eyeshadow that everyone raves about, but very pricie. Good Luck!!