Honored Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Gives Twenty Five Green Reasons To Shop The Site!!!

@Katcat1 wrote:

Bobbi Brown is a luxurious cosmetic line but their shades for foundations need something to be desired unless you are a warm undertone.  Everything is yellow even for women of color.  Now that I got that off my chest, the 25% off is nice but no free shpg.  Maybe on Black Friday they will offer it?  Enjoy your purchases.  I loved BB when she owned it and first came out.  She had the best lipsticks and eye shadows.  I really hate when the creators of cosmetic lines sell their business.  It's good for them but bad for us consumers.

@Katcat1   Free day shipping if spend over $75 which is too easy to do. Definitely the line changed and not in a good way when Lauder took over but worse when Bobbi eventually left. Re: her foundation shades. We were taught that the yellow in her foundations was the original "CC" solution...correcting any redness and pigmention in the skin. Her foundation formulas have more shades than most lines and in the last few years were reformulated to address some of this issue adding shades with an "N" for neutral. I am now a neutral Porcelain...neither yellow or pink. 

Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

I find that the BB pots dry out far too quickly for what they cost.  Clinique made the best longest lasting pots, but stopped for whatever reason.  I stocked up and am using that,  the IT Superhero eyeliner pen and Kat Von D's tatoo eyeliner pen.  It's getting harder and harder to find dark brown eyeliner except if you are using pencils.   So many companies seem to think that we all need to use BLACK ...  which I can,  but often times prefer the dark brown. 

@nyc1   Not asking you to return to BB Gel, but the trick is taking out a small amount w/ the liner brush, putting it on the back of the hand, closing the lid quickly, and working from the gel on your hand. It also "heated" the product slightly making for an easier application. All waterproof products dry out sooner and need to be closed tightly quickly. Waterproof mascara dries out and clumps much faster than non-waterproof. 

Honored Contributor

Anyone looking to try a good iconic BB product while 25% off, look at the long wear shadow sticks. Mistake proof and lighter colors make an excellent shadow base. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus thanks for that tip. Looking for a shadow stick for an easy daytime eye look. I used to use the cream shadow pots for ages (bone was my base). May try a stick as a replacement.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fluke67 wrote:
@Shanusthanks for that tip. Looking for a shadow stick for an easy daytime eye look. I used to use the cream shadow pots for ages (bone was my base). May try a stick as a replacement.

@Fluke67   You're welcome. I never liked the pots because of their shape it was difficult to get to the bottom of the product. I've been using the sticks for awhile...I like Laura Mercier's Cavier Sticks, but BB's with 25% off are a deal and equal in quality. Happy T'giving.

Valued Contributor

Picked up the “soft smolder longwear eye kit” great deal for three full size shadow sticks and mascara and the “major crush liquid lip set”, 4 full sized products, both kits were $45 before discount. Added a vanilla shadow stick to get to free two day. Not bad!
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Anyone looking to try a good iconic BB product while 25% off, look at the long wear shadow sticks. Mistake proof and lighter colors make an excellent shadow base. 

@Shanus I love these sticks. I use Bark to tightline upper lid, Golden Bronze to line bottom lid  and sometimes lid, Pink Sparkle on inner eye to 'wake me up' as needed.

Stone is a good eyeshadow alternative for a daytime look.

I purchased another Antigua bronzing powder (hg) and 1 Brownie lipstick.