Trusted Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

I've never had good luck with it either, bought 3 colors at one time, not anymore...I do have good luck with MAC, love Dip Down Brown. It has lasted forever. I'm actually getting to the bottom and it's still fresh.

I did order the last BE - TSV...and if it ever gets here I'm curious to see how it will be.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshineflower wrote:

I've made every attempt to tighten the lid on my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner after every use, but the product has dried out - the texture is very difficult to work with.

Any solution for this problem?
I'd rather not purchase another if it can be helped.

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

They always dry out.  I've made sure the lid is on tight, and it still dries out.  The ONLY one that doesn't dry out is Clinique gel/cream.  BUT...terrible news...my friend who's the manager at the Clinique counter said they are discontinuing it. It's such a great gel/cream and it never dries out.  

I have found Tarte, MAC and BB all dry out no matter how tight the lid is on.  Clinique is the best.  They still have a few Clinique's out there so if you can find one, buy it.

Oh no! Clinique's really are great! Very creamy. 

I know Future...it stinks.  Sephora already has them off their website.  I just found a black one on Nordstrom's site.   I bet it is one of the last ones they have.  I ordered it a few minutes ago. 

I don't wear black, or else I'd buy 2!! Smiley Wink I'm going to call around town and see if anyone has any. I loved the smoke grey and the black honey. I might even call to the town where my parents live -- mom could swing by and pick one up for me. Smiley Wink

I love the black honey too Future.  I have a full one left in black honey. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

Someone said they used the graphite shimmer and it didn't dry out.  I used that one for a long time and mine never dried out either.  I usually use buy just one color and use it till it's gone as I like a light black or slate gray color.

Respected Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshineflower wrote:

I've made every attempt to tighten the lid on my Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner after every use, but the product has dried out - the texture is very difficult to work with.

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

They always dry out.  I've made sure the lid is on tight, and it still dries out.  The ONLY one that doesn't dry out is Clinique gel/cream.  BUT...terrible news...my friend who's the manager at the Clinique counter said they are discontinuing it. It's such a great gel/cream and it never dries out.  

I have found Tarte, MAC and BB all dry out no matter how tight the lid is on.  Clinique is the best.  They still have a few Clinique's out there so if you can find one, buy it.

I know Future...it stinks.  Sephora already has them off their website.  I just found a black one on Nordstrom's site.   I bet it is one of the last ones they have.  I ordered it a few minutes ago. 

I don't wear black, or else I'd buy 2!! Smiley Wink I'm going to call around town and see if anyone has any. I loved the smoke grey and the black honey. I might even call to the town where my parents live -- mom could swing by and pick one up for me. Smiley Wink

@winamac1 Girl, thank you so much for letting me know this was discontinued!! I called to my local counter and got the last Black Honey they had!!! I owe you big time!! Heart

Respected Contributor

Winamac is right....   the only one that lasts and lasts and doesn't dry out is Clinique.  The problems is colors.  I've written to Clinique many times to ask for a dark brown, but all they continue to sell is black and a redish brown.  They say that those are their two best sellers.  I would question that the reddish brown would outsell a darker more neutral brown.    Clinique is #1 for me, as recommended by Win several years ago.  Wish they would expand their selection however.

Honored Contributor

I quit.  This one I have is the last I'll buy from her.  I know all the tricks to rehydrate it but why should I have to use them.  The quality is way down from what it was when Bobbie owned her company and I'm not wasting money on it anymore.

Honored Contributor

I'm bummed to hear about the Clinique liners.  Black honey is a staple for me. 

I have never been a fan of the BB gels.  With the exception of one of the purples, all the other colors I have tried look identical on my eyes whether it's brown, black, gray, blue, etc.  They all just look to be a varying shade of black on my eyes.  Plus I had a few dry out as well.

Honestly if you want nice gel liners, try ELF.  They have 8 different shades from basics like black, brown, copper, midnight blue to funkier shades like a golden and teal.  They are $3.00.  I buy mine at Target or directly from ELF.     

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@sunshineflower wrote:

Thank you for your post.

Have a great day!

sunshineflower

@winamac1 Girl, thank you so much for letting me know this was discontinued!! I called to my local counter and got the last Black Honey they had!!! I owe you big time!! Heart

So glad you found one!!! Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"