Honored Contributor

Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Application Video

I don't understand why BB has a man conducting the eyebrow application video on himself.   BB makeup is for women and I would rather see a woman apply to herself or have a man or woman makeup artist apply to a woman.  I mean a man's bushy eyebrows does nothing for me.  Maybe BB should come out with makeup for men.  I am sure the man is a very nice person but his eyebrows were a bit much.  lol

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Eyebrow Application Video

GRWM Date Night Edition ? 

🤔

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy   What is GRWM?

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

GRWM = Get Ready With Me videos.

The online version of hair & mu when you're going out.

I did this as a teenager with a good friend. We'd get ready for our double dates at her house. Her mom sold Avon and we spent 2 hrs getting ready !

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I don't understand why BB has a man conducting the eyebrow application video on himself.   BB makeup is for women and I would rather see a woman apply to herself or have a man or woman makeup artist apply to a woman.  I mean a man's bushy eyebrows does nothing for me.  Maybe BB should come out with makeup for men.  I am sure the man is a very nice person but his eyebrows were a bit much.  lol

@Katcat1  I think you're right. They'll get lots of feedback on this one, for sure. 

Respected Contributor

What year is this? Men have been doing make-up, fashion, cooking, tailoring, sewing, styling, etc. for years & years & years. This isn't anything new.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy   I feel so square.  lol

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate   Yes, actors wear makeup and wigs but I only know one one line of makeup for men that came out recently and now I don't remember the name.  Skincare is out for men and I am sure the makeup for men will be much different than womens.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I understand what you're saying.  And lots of men are wearing various makeup items these days.  But it would be more helpful to me personally to see how the eyebrow makeup and technique would work on a womman's eyebrows and features.  I'm really challenged with makeup application these days as it is!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ahoymate   I agree that some of the best and most famous makeup artists are male, but doing a demo on themselves is in no way helpful to me or others. Their skin texture, less manicured brows,  heavier beards, bone structure, etc. are completely different from a woman's.