Frequent Contributor

Re: Bobbi Brown Eye Shadows for Mature Eyes

Hi,

I am mature late 50's ... I have dark brown eyes.  I was told years ago never wear brown eyeshadow. I have worn heather by BB but dont like her eyeshadows no color and fade I would not wear steel grey eyeliner.

I know what they say about shimmer. But I only wear matte now.  I do use a primer then put on a matte off white color from lash line to brow in.  a matte very light pink on lid.  In the crease a matte eggplant color and a thin line of black liner and black masscara.  My eyey dont look dark.  The light off white shade on lid and above the crese helps.

Respected Contributor

@Georgiagrama  Thank you for suggesting IT Cosmetics eyeshadows!  I ordered the Pretty in Fall shadow trio.  I have been using it for about two weeks now and I love it!  Nicely pigmented and no talc.  Do you use the gel eyeliner or pencil?  I looked online yesterday and saw the taupe and plum gel eyeliners and thought I might give them a try.  I did order another eyeshadow palette yesterday.  It's call the Romantics Naturally Pretty Matte shadows.  Looking forward to trying these as well.  Thanks again for the tip!  They really do brighten up my eyes.

Honored Contributor

I find her shadows to be some of the best on the market.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KentuckyWoman

Sorry it took me so long to reply.  I'm a little slow these days.  I am so happy that you are pleased with the shadows.  I really like them and they do brighten up my eyes.  I also use the gel eyeliner in the taupe color and I really like that. It's a really pretty shade and it looks nice when it's on. It's a softer brown color and works really well for me.   It doesn't irratate my eyes like some will do and it does last all day for me.

I'm going to take a look at the Naturally Pretty palette as well.  

Thank you for letting me know you like the IT shadows.   I know you had asked about the Bobbi Brown shadows so I was concerned that I had "butted" in.