Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,376
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

I still mostly go to my NARS “O” Stick blush...a pinky/peach tone. It looks well on most skin tones except it doesn’t show up on very deep complexions...

 

As with my clothing, the same with my makeup. I tend to not pay much attention to trends. They come and go.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,376
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes


@jazzed wrote:

Gorgeous color is Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer called Santa Barbara.


 

 

@jazzed Yes, when I prefer a pinker tone, I reach for Antiqua, BB’s illuminating “bronzer”, but on fair skin, it’s a perfect blush w/ a slight shimmer. 

 

Bobbi’s tip for blush is that it should match the color when you pitch your cheeks...your natural flush. Anything “off” from that looks artificial....like the wrong foundation.

Contributor
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎02-03-2011

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes


@Shanus wrote:

I still mostly go to my NARS “O” Stick blush...a pinky/peach tone. It looks well on most skin tones except it doesn’t show up on very deep complexions...

 

As with my clothing, the same with my makeup. I tend to not pay much attention to trends. They come and go.


Shanus, 

What if one's complexion has a lot of pink in it already - don't even have to pinch the cheek to see.  Would wearing a pink blush be too much?  Would a NARS O be better, or a BB Shimmer Brick in Rose, or BB's bronzer in Aruba?  Thanks.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,376
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

[ Edited ]

@Clearsunshine wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I still mostly go to my NARS “O” Stick blush...a pinky/peach tone. It looks well on most skin tones except it doesn’t show up on very deep complexions...

 

As with my clothing, the same with my makeup. I tend to not pay much attention to trends. They come and go.


Shanus, 

What if one's complexion has a lot of pink in it already - don't even have to pinch the cheek to see.  Would wearing a pink blush be too much?  Would a NARS O be better, or a BB Shimmer Brick in Rose, or BB's bronzer in Aruba?  Thanks.


@Clearsunshine   I have pink undertones in my fair complexion, but always cancel it out w/ a yellow based tinted moisturizer. Once I have a neutral canvas, I can use a pink blush with no issues. The BB Shimmer Bricks have way more shimmer than the NARS O. The BB bronzer (Antiqua) has a slight shimmer similar to the NARS. Any time you feel the shimmer is too much, just top w/ a slight sweep of finishing powder which will take down the shine. You can also use your blush brush and swipe some blush on your hand, is w/ a drop of powder and apply together.

 

Since the rest of my makeup is matte, I prefer a bit of shine on my cheeks (shimmer powder blush or cream blush)...it’s youthful to have a bit of glow (operative word is “bit”).

 

***If you find your face looks powdery/matte after makeup, rub a bit of moisturizer between your fingers and dot on your cheeks or under eyes to make lines look less dominate.

 

Contributor
Posts: 44
Registered: ‎02-03-2011

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

Thanks so much Shanus for your help.  

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,707
Registered: ‎06-21-2015

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

Nobody looks good with peach blush. Makeup is suppose to enhance your natural beauty.  Have you ever seen orange cheeks naturally. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 28,376
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes


@sweetee2 wrote:

Nobody looks good with peach blush. Makeup is suppose to enhance your natural beauty.  Have you ever seen orange cheeks naturally. 


 

 

@sweetee2The most common ways to judge a blush shade is to pinch your cheeks and see what color you’d naturally blush. The other method is to put on your makeup  except for “lips”. If you’d like a barely there, natural blush shade, find a color that’s a bit darker than your natural lip color. My lips, for example, have a natural pink tone, so going w/ a pale pink blush looks quite natural on a minimal makeup day.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,754
Registered: ‎04-19-2010

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes


@Jordan2 wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

Most women (especially older) don't wear enough blush IMO.  Coral is a good choice.  (Good thing the color of the year isn't teal.)


My mother is 90, bless her heart, and sometimes still likes to wear makeup. She doesn't see that well, she never blends her foundation and blush well ( finishes the look with lipstick). I try to tell her not to wear any, but she doesn't listen.


My Mom was 95 when she died which will be two years ago on February 2. Up until a few days before, she was getting her hair colored and wearing a little bit of color. I hope to be the same way when when I reach that age. I guess I am too confident of reaching that age because longevity runs quite strong in my family.