Honored Contributor

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

I like Nars "O".

Honored Contributor

I have a Tarte blush that is peachy I wear on occasion, but mostly I prefer a more rosey tone for my complexion.  I actually have a little natural color in my cheeks naturally, but any foundation or BB cream covers that so I need to add a little back in.  I'm rather fair so I have to be careful not to overdo it.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I feel that at my age (69) I do not want too much blush.  Yes, I want color but I want it to be natural like a flush of color.  The younger starlets look pretty with more color and probably wear more for TV.  I currently wear Nars O liquid blush or Eve Pearl Sweet Cheeks.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

So .... if I'm getting this right, you're talking about an orangey-peachy blush ..... as opposed to a rosey-coral blush?   I've got a cool tone complexion, so not even a light shade of orange would look good on me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed the comeback of blush (different placement according to age), lack of you tubers’ stripes of contour and highlighter. In general, the stars had a more natural, more healthy “glow”.

Super Contributor

I don't think that blush is something that you can necessairly use trendy shades with. I could never pull of a peachy coral with my cool toned skin. It would look like my face was dirty. You skin color/tone has a lot to do with how certain shades look on you.

Honored Contributor

@ellietoo wrote:

I don't think that blush is something that you can necessairly use trendy shades with. I could never pull of a peachy coral with my cool toned skin. It would look like my face was dirty. You skin color/tone has a lot to do with how certain shades look on you.

@ellietoo  The easiest way to find your most flattering blush shade is to pinch your cheeks. That color would be a good match...usually a true pink for fair-light skin and and a more tawny/peach or coral shade for medium complexions or deeper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ellietoo wrote:

@ellietoo

You're absolutely right ....  and you cannot recommend blush shades for anyone else in a vacuum.   Lip colors need to be considered, as well.  If a woman has a preference for a plum gloss, wearing any peachy color blush will just make her look like a clown!   

(A little common sense goes a long way.)

Respected Contributor

I have a medium olive complexion and the only color that looks  natural on me is a Rose shade. IMO coral blush is not even a natural blush color. Does anyone blush coral? It is so individual  to what a  person likes.

Honored Contributor

For thos of us who need a cool toned blush but want to try the peachy glow look, give Bobbi Browns' Apricot bush (powder) a look.