Super Contributor

Blush trend at the Golden Globes

Hi all, I watched the show and noticed that almost all of the women (all beautiful in my opinion) had an identical or very similar shade of blusher on their cheeks--a nod to the color of the year, I think coral? 

The ladies appeared natural and healthy, ok natural for a formal event.  But I loved the look of their makeup with the cheek colors being a flushed look and that coral-peachy colored seems to work on all shades of complexions.  I want it!

Valued Contributor

Re: Blush trend at the Golden Globes

The Laura Geller rep, Ashlee Glazer, did one of the Golden Globe's attendee's makeup. I noticed the women had more color on their cheeks and blush, which I loved!

Respected Contributor

You might like Benefit Coralista....the prettiest peach blush I've ever found.

Benefit Coralista Coral Pink Cheek Box O' Powder

Respected Contributor

Most women (especially older) don't wear enough blush IMO.  Coral is a good choice.  (Good thing the color of the year isn't teal.)

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

Most women (especially older) don't wear enough blush IMO.  Coral is a good choice.  (Good thing the color of the year isn't teal.)

My mother is 90, bless her heart, and sometimes still likes to wear makeup. She doesn't see that well, she never blends her foundation and blush well ( finishes the look with lipstick). I try to tell her not to wear any, but she doesn't listen.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2  I love that she still cares enough and puts on make up.  My Mom did up until the day she passed away at 94.   Why don't you give your Mom a big fluffy brush that she can whisp across her entire face once she is done applying everything?    It would act as a blending blush.  It may not correct 100%,  but at least it will be helpful.   Let your Mom have a good time with her make up....   even if she is a little heavy handed. 

Esteemed Contributor

@silkyk - that is a very pretty peach blush.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2, my mom is 86 and wears makeup almost every day. I bought her one of those sonic makeup brushes to help her blend Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Also agree that coralista is a pretty blush a really wearable peachy pink. The coraly blush in the big it cosmetics face disc is a beautiful shade too, goes on pinker than how it looks in the pan.
Frequent Contributor

Gorgeous color is Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzer called Santa Barbara.