Frequent Contributor

Is there one product that can be used for both blush and eyeshadow? I like the color of my blush as an eyeshadow accent; I find it connects the look. But when I try to brush a bit on my eye lids in the crease as a subtle color, the texture isn't as silky as eyeshadow and doesn't seem to work. Surely there is a product that can do both jobs, right? 

I tend to stick to the basics when it comes to makeup and would love one product to do double duty. 

Trusted Contributor

@Happy In the South , do get yourself an eye shadow primer, it surely does wonders.

Myself as well do fancy once in a while to have a redish look as an eyesahow.

An inexpensive one is by Revlon less than 10 dollarsrevlon-eye-colorstay-eyeshadow-primer-309976261003-hero-9x16.png

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

On very little makeup days I have been swiping my upper brow line with my blush since I was in high school back in the late 70's.   Did it just this a.m. too since it is Friday and in the office alone today.  Just swipe my cheekbones then I swipe my eyes really quick for a touch of color.  Then a bit of mascara.  Out the door I go.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@Happy In the South 

Bare Minerals - their products are commonly used by women for various areas of the face not specified in particular to do so...and will success I might add.

Honored Contributor

Re: Blush as an eyeshadow?

[ Edited ]

Bronzer or contour powder can make a really good subtle eyeshadow.

I don't know your complexion, but blush could be a bit pinky on some people and look a  bit like you'd been rubbing your eye. But probably not on everyone.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

I love the Dandelion pale pink blush by Benefit ( a great deal over on HSN for the "Pretty Pink Pair" a large size and a smaller one) I use the small one for shadow (great little brush!) and just put it in the hollow above my eyelid. It matches the blush and looks lovely and soft. This is the prettiest pale pink blush I've ever found. At night add their Dandelion "Twinkle" on top. Perfect!

Honored Contributor

Apply an eyeshadow primer. That will help with issues with texture, color saturation and longevity. Milani makes a very good inexpensive lid primer.

Valued Contributor

@Happy In the South 

Hi you didn't mention your skin type , but if you like cream products a few companies make all in one cream sticks . Thrive causmetics has a 3 in 1 stick that can be used on eyes, cheeks and lips. Ilia Beauty also has Multisticks and ColorHaze ( more matte ) that can be used all over the face . If you have oliy skin these may not work now in summer . I have oily skin and use these in cooler months . As for powders just be careful certain coloring dyes found in pinks and red shades can irritate eyes as well as if your blush or bronzer has glitter or shimmer . i suffer from blethritis on my eyes so I have to be really careful what I use around them . Have a great weekend 

Honored Contributor

Re: Blush as an eyeshadow?

[ Edited ]

My one and done product has been Tilbury's Filmstar Bronze and Glow. The compact has 2 lg. squares: a bronzer w/o any pink or orange which is a perfect crease shade and bronzer and a pale off-white shade that I use on my lids. It has a very slight sheen...not shimmer.

Of course, these shades are also my go to bronzer and highlight. I swipe my brush lightly across both colors and use them together as blush, bronzer and highlight. 

My issue with blush on the lids is that unless you use a dark liner, you risk the "rabbit look". 

***When you hear CT or see the price tag, keep in mind that I've used this same compact for about a year and don't see any pan yet. That's a bargain to me. 

Valued Contributor

When I try to put blush on as an eye shadow. my eyes are reddish and look like I was recently crying.