Trusted Contributor

I'm interested in trying a blurring makeup primer.  Any suggestions, beware(s), tips or favorites?  I appreciate your time!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure what you mean by "blurring" .... I love Mally's Neutralizing Primer.  It camoflages my blotchiness and large pores.  I sometimes use it instead of foundation.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I've found that Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimizing Primer is the best of all the primers I've tried (and I've tried a lot) at minimizing the large pores I have on my nose.  You only need a tiny amount so it lasts a long time.  You can buy a half size tube at Ulta/Sephora if you want to try it.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan of primers but I've been reading A LOT about Tatcha's silk canvas balm, intended among other things to deliver a blurring effect.    

There has also been quite a bit of discussion here of a dupe of it by ELF, at a remarkable pricepoint - just a little FYI.

I cannot say I have tried either of these but with regard to the TATCHA, read the reviews.  Many seem to be liking.  I just may have to try it out myself.

Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed Thanks for your help and tip about the ELF product!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Blurring Primer

[ Edited ]

You're very welcome.  Please share your experience if you try either.  I will try to do the same. Smiley Happy 

Esteemed Contributor

@Quinny Murad Invisiblur

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda It's been a couple of weeks since I've been back to visit the board, thank you so much for your Murad recommendation.  I used a couple of Murad products years ago and was quite fond of them.  Checking Murad for a primer never entered my mind, thanks for the conk on the head.  Have a great weekend!

Honored Contributor

Maybe this is a silly question, but how does a blurring primer help? If you put non blurring foundation and or concealer and or powder on top of the primer, won't you cover up and hide all the blurring?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr