Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeewrote:

I like to apply a dark-navy liner and smudge it out on my lids towards the outer parts...sort of a smoked out version with navy instead of  gray or brown. I use the same navy liner on my waterlines to give it more definition and it makes the whites of my eyes really pop.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  I love using navy liner, too. Sometimes before it sets, I smudge it out w/ charcoal shadow which also sets the liner. My eyes are green & every mua I’ve worked with heads for the purple shadow...I prefer the lighter beige/taupe/grey shades.

Honored Contributor

@pommom

As already mentioned, it is all in the application. I wore blue shadow today.

Honored Contributor

Navy liner is great.

I remember navy blue mascara.  I think some lines still carry it, like Mabelline Great Lash.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I agree that blue eyeshadow is very flattering but it's all about the application!

I have blue eyes and I know many makeup artists say that shades of beige/copper/brown can really make blue eyes pop.  Not on me...I feel like they make me look sick!   So, if I do wear neutral beiges or browns, I always line my eyes with deep navy and wear it on my waterline too.  It softens the look a lot.   I also have a beautiful blue powder eyeshadow from Bare Escentuals that is a powdery light blue color and I use it VERY sparingly at the outside corners of my eyes and smudge it so there is just a hint of color.  It's very soft looking and flattering.   Don't think I'd ever go for blue shadow on my entire lid, though!  on

Honored Contributor

Is navy blue very visible on dark lashes or can people tell you are wearing blue mascara on lighter lashes? 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

I kind of went through this thing last year where I was telling myself that it was time to retire the colorful eyeshadows.  I told myself that I'm almost 40, and I'm too old for that stuff.  Then I saw a couple of colorful palettes that I was just in love with, and I was struggling to make a decision.

When I thought about it, I realized there was no earthly reason why I can't wear the colors I want to wear.  I'm not going to apply the same looks I was sporting when I used to go to clubs in my 20's, but there is no reason why I can't wear blue eyeshadow when I feel like it.  A little color never hurt anyone.  It looks fine as long as it's applied in a flattering way.

And I'm just not into a lot of the warm colors that people were going nuts over last year (and still this year).  I like cool neutrals, plums, blues, and greens.  That's what I've always liked.  I'll try something new now and then, but I still like the colors I've always liked, and a trend isn't going to change that.  So I'm going to wear what I like.

So "yay" for blue!!!  (Just be careful with it so you don't wind up looking like Mimi from the Drew Carey Show.  Smiley Very Happy )

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

Shades of Blue are in my arsenal!  I wouldn't wear it like Mimi on the Drew Carey show, but I wear it often, muted and soft, in many varying shades of blue.  It works well with my skin tone.  I also wear shades of purple, to enhance the green in my hazel eyes.  Neutrals make me look sick.  

Wear what makes you feel good!

Honored Contributor

I just ordered from Avon a cute cosmetic bag that came with goodies in it. Not knowing the color, I received a multi compact of shades of blue eyeshadow. I LOVE it! It makes my brown eyes just pop! I remember using blue when I was in high school and never thought I see those days again. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmomwrote:

Is navy blue very visible on dark lashes or can people tell you are wearing blue mascara on lighter lashes? 

Yes, the navy liner is visible on my dark lashes. I apply navy liner to both top and bottom water lines. I also tight line my upper lids then smudge it out a bit to give it a navy blue shadow effect. I think it looks very nice with my dark brown eyes and hair. Woman Happy@JustJazzmom

Honored Contributor

I have been wering blue for years.  Only a dark blue like navy.  I don't wear it on the lid, just the outer corner and the outside part of the crease.  I generally pair it with a dark plum with light pink on the lids.  I also wear navy eyeliner although navy eyeliner for me has been the most difficult color to stay where I put it, even within the same brand that I don't have a problem with other colors. 

I am almost 60, and I will admit that the application is much more difficult, especially the eyeliner, but I don't think it looks ridiculous or not "age-appropriate".