Honored Contributor

Maybe not a popular reply, but I prefer seeing a person's eyes, not a bright shadow look. I think it throws the face off balance. 

Honored Contributor

@decaf wrote:

It depends on your eye color.  People with brown eyes are can wear so many different colors.  Blue and green eyed women are very limited in what colors looks best. 

@decaf   Eye color is not the only deciding factor to shadows. Skin tone, hair color, etc. also has to be considered.

Trusted Contributor

@decaf @I once helped a friend with gorgeous blue eyes find eyeshadow. We went into a fancy department store and played. What really looked fabulous on her was a brownish wine color. It really made her blue eyes stand out and POP.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JudyL 

How do you like the Juicy palette?

It such a pretty palette.  I had bought it earlier this year but didn't really use it so gave it to my DD and then after a while realized that was a mistake so bought it again.

Realized that my other palettes were all neutrals so wanted this one for something different.  Must admit some of the shades, esp the sparkly ones, intimidate me a bit but the mattes are pretty and probably the ones that I'll use.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@decaf wrote:

It depends on your eye color.  People with brown eyes are can wear so many different colors.  Blue and green eyed women are very limited in what colors looks best. 

@decaf   Eye color is not the only deciding factor to shadows. Skin tone, hair color, etc. also has to be considered.

Brown, gray, even hazel eyes are more neutral than blue or green eyes. Knowing hair color and skin tone does help to refine makeup color choices even more.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   If you want your shadow for day wear, just swipe the color do not apply heavy like in the photo and it will still look very pretty but light.

kindness is strength