Esteemed Contributor

I remember Joan Rivers had the blonde hair with dark roots look. It's not new. Ripped pants and outgrowing roots...stylin'.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

Always hated it..Thank God my blonde hair is the same at the roots, Woman Very Happy...just a little gray by my ears....I think it looks cheap..tacky..!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't like the look, but I don't care for color treated hair on older women either, they are not fooling anyone. Just MO

I think you must be the same person that puts this comment with every thread about hair color.  No one is trying to "fool" anyone.  People just want to look their best and if that means coloring gray hair, so be it.  

I just had a horrible image of someone who thinks like you walking up to a blonde, pointing her finger and shouting, "Ah HA!!!!!  You only THOUGHT you could get away with this!!  You may think your blonde hair makes you look younger but I'm ON TO YOU!!  I KNOW YOU'RE 50 AND I'LL TELL THE WORLD ABOUT IT!   IT'S FROM A BOTTLE, PEOPLE!!"  Smiley Happy 

Valued Contributor

I don't care for the look on me but like it on others. I think it depends on skin tone. I have blonde, highlighted hair. I get touch ups once a month to avoid my dark roots from showing. My stylist laughs and says others pay big bucks for the look. That's okay, whatever works for them. Since I wear my hair up a lot, I always have her add highlights underneath on the back of my head so when my hair is up, I have highlights. Might not be the trend but I don't care. I am not trying to fool anyone in believing I am a natural blond. I am wearing and coloring my hair the way I like it and honestly don't care what others think. 

Trusted Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

I don't like the look, but I don't care for color treated hair on older women either, they are not fooling anyone. Just MO

I think you must be the same person that puts this comment with every thread about hair color.  No one is trying to "fool" anyone.  People just want to look their best and if that means coloring gray hair, so be it.  

I just had a horrible image of someone who thinks like you walking up to a blonde, pointing her finger and shouting, "Ah HA!!!!!  You only THOUGHT you could get away with this!!  You may think your blonde hair makes you look younger but I'm ON TO YOU!!  I KNOW YOU'RE 50 AND I'LL TELL THE WORLD ABOUT IT!   IT'S FROM A BOTTLE, PEOPLE!!"  Smiley Happy 

@santorini  I totally read/heard that in a Wicked Witch of the West voice!

Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@santorini  I don't get it either!  I wear makeup to make me feel polished when I go out.  I guess it depends on the person who sees me if they are fooled or not...am I a natural beauty or really dowdy & ugly?  LOL!  I also wear clothing to enhance my figure.  Some clothing items can make one look larger than other more slimming items.

As for hair color I'm 64 and have 99% dark brown hair....almost no gray.  However I add a few bright highlights to frame my face just to lighten it up and give me an instant lift.  It makes me feel good.

I don't know of anyone who is trying to "fool" anyone.  Most people who are making an effort are just trying to look the best that they can be.

Respected Contributor

@Eliana wrote:

@santorini wrote:

@blackhole99 wrote:

@santorini  I totally read/heard that in a Wicked Witch of the West voice!

@Eliana, that's exactly what was in my head when I typed it!  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

Agree... Funny, because back in the day it was considered sort of skanky... Maybe skanky is now a trend...

Woman Wink

If you look around I think you'll see skanky on more than one level these days.

Honored Contributor

It's been a trend for some time now.  I'm not a fan of it, but I'm also not a big fan of the gray hair trend.  

However, to the person who stated we older people who color our hair aren't fooling anyone, who cares?  And why do you think we're trying to fool anyone?  Is there some rule that older people can't have fun or look the way they like just because they're a certain age?  I don't expect anybody to believe my hair color is natural, never have.  If someone asked I would tell them "There ain't nothing natural about my hair."  Do the people with the reverse skunk think they're fooling people that their hair grows that way?  It's funny, but when I was younger most of my hair color compliments came from older men.  Now they mostly come from younger females.  But, they're compliments, and from strangers, nonetheless.  

Respected Contributor

Since I have to help nature out by dyeing my hair, I cant stand when my roots start to show, mine come in as a dark blonde with grays. I used to go every 8 weeks now its 6 weeks. I cant stand roots.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18