Trusted Contributor

Blemish therapy foundation - not impressed

I rec'd a sample of the BM Blemish foundation from Sephora. I was really surprised at how much I disliked it, so wanted to share my opinion in case anyone had their eye on it. This foundation applied very powdery/cakey and I had to blend it a lot to make it look wearable. It did not have good coverage at all. I have a spot/scar that I use to gauge coverage and this powder didn't cover well. So no coverage, yet still cakey/powdery (especially around nose and eyes)! Not a good combination. Now, I'm using it instead as a spot treatment - almost like bisque. It seems to do better for me in that capacity, so I like the idea of dabbing it onto a pimple rather than all over my face. Just my two cents...
Frequent Contributor

Re: Blemish therapy foundation - not impressed

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I actually happen to LOVE this foundation! It gets rid of blemishes & redness. I apply it on blemishes or any red areas on my face, using an old blemish treatment brush. For me, it's a much better shade match than the original or matte BE foundations. I then lightly buff it all over my face, followed by BE bronzing mineral veil. It never looks cakey. I agree though that it doesn't give alot of coverage.

I wish this wasn't exclusive to Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

Ack, you make me want to try again but I feel I gave it a good honest try for two days, full face, and was not happy with it. Maybe I'll try it applied reeeeally lightly as a finishing powder. But regardless, it has worked ok dabbed on red spots as needed.
Super Contributor

On 2/7/2015 LovemyMakeup said:

Sorry it didn't work out for you. I actually happen to LOVE this foundation! It gets rid of blemishes & redness. I apply it on blemishes or any red areas on my face, using an old blemish treatment brush. For me, it's a much better shade match than the original or matte BE foundations. I then lightly buff it all over my face, followed by BE bronzing mineral veil. It never looks cakey. I agree though that it doesn't give alot of coverage.

I wish this wasn't exclusive to Sephora.

I also love this foundation. I find it stays in place during the day, even when I work out. I like the coverage a lot. I wear Clearly Pearl and normally have worn the Fairly Light in the original foundation. I also wish this foundation was available at all retail locations who sell Bare Minerals. I am curious as to why it's only at Sephora.

Trusted Contributor

thanks for you review.

have some I need to try.

Contributor

I tried the foundation and I really liked it. The only problem was that it was so powdery and smells horrible. I couldn't get passed the smell. Every time I would put it on, my head would hurt because of the smell. I ended up returning it.
Frequent Contributor

Funny how we are all different. I find there to be no smell what so ever. I'm clearly silk in blemish remedy foundation and medium beige in original.
Trusted Contributor

I dont think that is smells, but it is powdery on me. I noticed though that I called it "B,Emily Therapy" in my original post and it is actually called "Blemish Remedy". And it looks as though BM makes anger product called "Blemish Therapy". So I might have confused some posters! E one that I tried and don't like is definitely "Blemish Therapy" and the sample has a silver lid.
Frequent Contributor

There's the new Blemish Remedy Acne Clearing foundation, which is a foundation with salicylic acid. It's a Sephora exclusive.

bareMinerals bareMinerals Blemish Remedy Acne-Clearing Foundation Clearly Nude 0.21 oz

There's also a Blemish Therapy, which is a treatment, not a foundation! It has sulfur, not salicylic acid like their foundation. This product has been around for years!