Respected Contributor

Re: Blemish removal tools --- anyone use these?

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thanks...I hate to be stupid here....

so do you just touch the Qtip to the top of the product....or do you go all the way down?

TIA!

~~`~

@RespectLife 

Stupid?  I have no idea what that is!   Certainly not here!  Woman Wink

Yeah, you submerge the sterile Q-tip, into the top of the bottle,  thru the top clearish liquid, down thru, to the bottom, where there's pink, thicker liquid, & pull the Q-tip back up.  It sld look like the pic above.  The pink sticks to it.  I guess there's some "magic" that happens with both solutions on the Q-Tip by slowly dipping to the bottom & back up again.  Cause NOT SHAKEN, and kept separated is what works.

Good luck!  I hope it works for ya!.  And If possible, clean side of pillow cases, or try clean towels (paper or otherwise) on the pillow *each* night.  The face is soo "germ-y,"  & so fast, plus it's covered with the nighttime "lotions & potions."  This also has been additional "magic" for me!

Good luck @RespectLife !  If you remember, let us know how it works for ya!  Woman Happy

(added)  I dont know if this Pink Solution helps with specifically "milia."  I dont remember trying it for that, altho I might now. 

But the everynight clean pillowcase, or clean towel, will help cut down on the milia, as well as white/black heads & blemishes, noticeably, I've found.  

If that doesnt work for the most stubborn, insistent milia, our reknown @Beauty "Big Guns,"   @Shanus  & @SilleeMee  can offer great additional solutions/steps for the most stubborn milia, that might survive the everynight clean pillowcase/covering/towel.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

I don't change my pillow cases every night -- too much trouble!  However, I could try to place a different towel on it -- but don't know if it would stay there! 

~~~~~~~`

@AngelPuppy1 

The Pink, 2-tiered liquid works well for the white/black heads & blemishes, & i didnt find it harsh at all, at least when simply applied only to the white/black head & perhaps milia.

Personally, I noticed a *BIG* difference in cutting down on those nasty, stubborn milia, esp specifically, with the clean white pillowcase/towel/covering each night.  (I say white, merely because they're more likely to have less/no dye in the fabrication that might further irritate the face skin, but coloring dye might not be a problem for some ppl's face skin.)

When white pillow cases are on sale, I just pick up a pack, esp like at WM, where some brand seemed to be always reduced.  They dont have to be expensive, or thick, just a clean layer of each nights protection. 

My Washing Machine is on the fritz. I'm trying out Bounty paper towels for now, & I think they might be a little too harsh for my face skin, but the cheaper paper.towels might not be.  I'll try them out next  (I get the Bounty cause they're workhorses around the house!    but not for the face heh)  And they dont move much at all with one night's sleep, I've found

Honestly, this is the most incredible breakthru for me, this clean white pillowcase each night, (altho might sound crazy)! 

I wish, wish, wish I knew this trick to help my "teen brothers," during most boys pube acne!  Instead of all the "lotions & potions" the Derms gave them, which never worked!

Certainly this is a great deal less expensive than frequent trips to the Derm for those dastardly milia!  HTHs

Trusted Contributor

I have used these tools but. I have had more success leaving a pimple alone, using a warm water compress or putting jojoba oil on it.  

Honored Contributor

These tools are downright scary.  Whatever happened to Biore?  This reminds me to order some.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife   &  @AngelPuppy1 

OH... And dont forget to get a great, gentle exfoliator for yourself!  If you can, use nightly before yr "lotions & potions."  Takes a little layer off so the "lotions & potions" & "pink q-tip" serum can work.

I newly discovered a *most gentle* one. A little too gentle for me, routinely, after all my built up, regular exfoliating, but I still use this occasionally, esp cause it. *Amazingly brightens* too!

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/61t234BeHCL._SL1500_.jpg

"Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant - exfoliate Facial Scrub Powder - Achieve Brighter, Smoother Skin daily with Papaya Enzyme and Salicylic Acid"

(Amz Choice)  (< $16) 

(Feedbacks:  7.295)  (Rating:  4.6 out of 5, (with 79% are 5 stars))

There's a bunch of types of exfoliators, less expensive, from:

• reconstituted USED coffee grinds
  • heck,   @monicakm  's Mom has been using "powdered milk" as exfoliator, for years, giving a great complexion, she says!

:

Honored Contributor

ha ha thanks @MakeUpMaidn 

When you go all the way to the bottom...it does kinda make sense...you would be 'hitting' all the diff layers.

Thanks!

I wish Kate Somerville would have mentioned that fact a long time ago when I started buying!

I did see 'don't'...but like a stubborn child it meant...Yeah?  OH watch me!  LOL

I don't use it for milia..I have only had a couple of those and was successful at getting it out myself  (now that I now what the heck it is called!)

I have used it on those 'tumors' that are big red lumps.  It seems to help draw the culprit up to the surface.

Thanks again!

Oh, I have learned to force myself to sleep on my back.

That also helps dimish side sleeping chest creases!!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Mom on her 80th birthday

mom.jpg

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

You're so nice to take the time to post all of this!  I know I wouldn't use paper towels because my skin is just too sensitive.  One thing I feel I might have going for me is that I don't use products on my face at night when I go to bed.  I can't stand using creams and things on my face to sleep as I prefer a totally clean skin.  I think I will look for either the white pillow cases (on sale) or white towels and see how that goes.

I am interested in the Pink stuff you listed.  I might order it and then just try it out on one spot and see if it bothers or irritates me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn 

Mom on her 80th birthday

mom.jpg

@monicakm 

Your mother is beautiful --- and her skin is gorgeous!  What a great picture!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

Thank you so much.  I've always been so "why can't I have skin like that?" but I didn't realize that she was using Tretinoin till just a few years ago.  I knew she ordered something from Canada for her face.  Now I do have a complexion (ALMOST) like that without Tret but I use like 10 products per routine to get it lol  I'm still thinking about the Tretinoin tho.