Honored Contributor

Re: Blemish removal tools --- anyone use these?

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

I went to 2 different derms about the milia and they told me to just leave them alone.  So???  

@AngelPuppy1  - So sorry that the 2 derms didn't want to help you.  Since you can't tolerate Retin A, I don't know what else to suggest.  I'm hoping @SilleeMee can suggest something.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Two different derms told me to absolutely not use any type of retin on my skin due to the sensitity of it.  Yeah, I'm done with the lancet.  Tried it and don't want to cause more problems!  

You can try some other form of regular exfoliation then. Whateve you end up with, consistency is key.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I do occasionally use the Clinique 7 day scrub but don't know if this would help.?? 

I don't know what that is, but occasional use isn't going to give the results you want.  I'm not saying daily is required unless you can handle it, but a few times a week is better  than occasionally.  I like Vasanti Brighten Up, but the Bliss Microdermabrasion product is good too, if you like a scrub.  Your can also look for a salicylic acid pad, if you like that method more.  You need to stick with it though.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 

So very sorry.

This is an excellent alpha hydroxy facial wash so it doesn't stay on your skin.  I have had great results from it.

Large image of Mederma AG Facial Cleanser. 1 of 4

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

I went to 2 different derms about the milia and they told me to just leave them alone.  So???  

@AngelPuppy1  - So sorry that the 2 derms didn't want to help you.  Since you can't tolerate Retin A, I don't know what else to suggest.  I'm hoping @SilleeMee can suggest something.

@AngelPuppy1 

@San Antonio Gal 

I've had milia around my eye areas forever. Mine are not that deep so I pierce them myself with a pointy tool I bought from Amazon. Sometimes mine are somewhat deeper yet I still manage to get those out myself carefully.

What has helped keep the milia at bay for me is using glycolic acid lotion and also lactic acid serum. I just use them all over my face but spot treatment isn't out of the question and I'd do that if needed. 

If glycolic is too irritating then try lactic acid. Either one in about a 10% strength used frequently, like every day if you can or every other day until the milia are reduced. Then maintain a clear complexion by occasionally using AHAs a few times a week, at least.

The biggest cause of milia is sun exposure or trauma to the skin such as laser treatments or injury from an accident. Most are not caused by the over-use of highly emollient skincare products but those don't help the situation either by not allowing the skin to naturally release shedding skin.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @SilleeMee for sharing your knowledge.

Honored Contributor

You're welcomeWoman Happy @San Antonio Gal 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

The Clinique is a creamy scrub which is supposed to be more gentle, which is what I need since I have very sensitive and reactive skin and also have roscea. I don't know that I can tolerate a heavy duty exfoliation product. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 

So very sorry.

This is an excellent alpha hydroxy facial wash so it doesn't stay on your skin.  I have had great results from it.

Large image of Mederma AG Facial Cleanser. 1 of 4

@ECBG 

Thank you for this suggestion!  I will sure look into it! 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you!  I rarely am in the sun and don't know much about the products you are speaking about.  I will do some research on them.  Thanks for the info! 

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

Thanks...I hate to be stupid here....

so do you just touch the Qtip to the top of the product....or do you go all the way down?

TIA!