Honored Contributor

Re: Blemish removal tools --- anyone use these?

@SeaMaiden 

I don't seem to get whiteheads or blackheads any more, but I do get raised red bumps on my face occasionally from rosacea.  I was hoping to deal with the milia but I tried the lancet and it's a no go.  I would have to dig too deep and I don't want to mess up my skin!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I went to 2 different derms about the milia and they told me to just leave them alone.  So???  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie 

Yes, I understand what you're saying.  I can see where the loop instruments would be helpful.  However, as I posted to Shanus, I tried the lancet and I could not get it to work for the milia without causing damage, so I'm done with that. 

Honored Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 

Yes, I tried it on one last night.  Was not successful and will not do any more.  Don't want to risk it! 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Two different derms told me to absolutely not use any type of retin on my skin due to the sensitity of it.  Yeah, I'm done with the lancet.  Tried it and don't want to cause more problems!  

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

Just a note. 

If doing this "self surgery"  yourself, it's difficult to really, watch your aim & depth & visual well, merely because of the angle you're looking at yourself in the mirror, plus balancing the tool also, incl & esp for milia. 

Those milia "buggers"  are deep!  No telling the exact depth of skin covering the milia,   let alone the depth of milia "pile" itself, when piercing yourself. 

Even piercing & removing white heads can leave scars (unheeled holes, or "pot marks"), if not applying some solution that "dries up" the white head itself, instead.

Serious Skin Care used to have a "pinkish at the bottom)" bottle of solution that is NOT SHAKEN, & applied to the white head, letting it dry up and close the pore itself, over a matter of days. 

There's perhaps other such solutions (or "white head dots") that others might recommend to apply to a white head, to heal & close itself.

When a kid, I did a major NO NO (I didnt know any better).   i would use the rounded loop end of a bobbypin to squeeze open a white head, or pimple, & as my skin stretched with age, a larger & larger "divot" has appeared on my face, where former "white heads" were opened by me. 

I wish I'd know better then, as a kid.  Too late for some of these "face divots" now

As an adult I learned abt the "blemish drying solution" for white heads & blemishes. Subsequently, I wld use Serious Skin Care's "pink at the bottom" bottle of blemish drying solution. (DONT SHAKE THE BOTTLE)

I'm sure there's other such "blemish drying solutions" now that other @Beauties here may know of.  I'd use this if I had white heads/blemishes now.  And "NO DIVOTS" left esp later.

Good luck!  I know those facial anomalies can be so irritating esp to look at!

(added)

I'm unfamiliar with the following Brand solution, but here's an example of such a "blemish drying solution" I was referencing. You *DO NOT SHAKE* the bottle and you "sterile dip a q-tip" into the PINK BOTTLE then apply to the blemish.

"Glossiva Drying Lotion, Acne Spot Treatment Dries Out Pimples, Blemishes, Zits, and Clogged Pores - Overnight Solution Powerful Ingredients 1.23 Fl Oz"

($14.50)  (Feedbacks:  1,794)  (Rating:  4.4 out of 5.0)

@MakeUpMaidn 

I looked this product up but I can't really tell if it is suppoed to work on Milia???  And is is harsh???  My skin can't tolerate harsh products.  

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Two different derms told me to absolutely not use any type of retin on my skin due to the sensitity of it.  Yeah, I'm done with the lancet.  Tried it and don't want to cause more problems!  

You can try some other form of regular exfoliation then. Whateve you end up with, consistency is key.  

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn 

I don't change my pillow cases every night -- too much trouble!  However, I could try to place a different towel on it -- but don't know if it would stay there! 

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I'm done messing with them!  Derms have not given me any help with the milia.  They seem to think they are trivial and not worth bothering with. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

You can try some other form of regular exfoliation then. Whateve you end up with, consistency is key.  

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I do occasionally use the Clinique 7 day scrub but don't know if this would help.??