Honored Contributor

Blemish removal tools --- anyone use these?

I recently purchased a 2 piece set of what is called a blemish rescue set.  One item has 2 loops on it - a flatter small one and a larger, more round one.  The other tool has a small sharp end on it that can pierce the skin, a lancet type thing.  

Anyone ever use these things to help remove black heads, white heads, milia?

There were basically no directions with these tools.  I looked on line and could find a little bit about the loops but nothing about the lancet. The directions said the larger loop was for black heads and the smaller one was for white heads.

I primarly was interested in the lancet type thing, thinking I would try it to help dislodge milia.

Anyone have any experince with this or any thoughts?

Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Blemish removal tools --- anyone use these?

[ Edited ]

Self surgery???

Professional Blackhead Remover Pimple Comedone Extractor Tools image 1

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1    A BIG NO!!!  These tools are meant to be used by professionals. I do use them during a facial, but I've been trained how to remove blackheads without leaving scars. The loops are meant to remove blackheads or clogged pores.

The lancet is a surgical tool that makes small incisions and may be used to remove millia, however their is a tiny flap of skin covering the clogged keratin pore. It's removed with this tool or a sterile needle.

Doing this yourself can cause inflamation and scarring. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Totally disagree!

I have a similar 2 ended loop tool and I have used it for years!!

Would not be without it @AngelPuppy1 

It was suggested on these boards a long time ago, I think by @JeanLouiseFinch ??

I apologize if my memory fails me...

I am SO glad I got it.  Even after good cleansing and Clarisonic my pores were often filled.

I gently press and move down and WOW....it all comes out!

What other option?  Squeeze and damage my skin?  NO!

I have never had a problem using this simple tool.

Not one single scar or mark on my face after years of use.

I guard that thing closely so it never gets lost in a drawer!   LOL

I can't speak to the lancet.....

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

Totally disagree!

I have a similar 2 ended loop tool and I have used it for years!!

Would not be without it @AngelPuppy1 

It was suggested on these boards a long time ago, I think by @JeanLouiseFinch ??

I apologize if my memory fails me...

I am SO glad I got it.  Even after good cleansing and Clarisonic my pores were often filled.

I gently press and move down and WOW....it all comes out!

What other option?  Squeeze and damage my skin?  NO!

I have never had a problem using this simple tool.

Not one single scar or mark on my face after years of use.

I guard that thing closely so it never gets lost in a drawer!   LOL

I can't speak to the lancet.....

@RespectLife   If you get a lot of clogged pores, please go  get a facial or to a derm. The derm can recommend a lotion to use after cleansing to unclog pores.

Honored Contributor

Oh thanks @Shanus  !

But I won't pay the high prices for facials and spas.  Way too expensive for such little results.

The products they sell are also outrageously priced and no better than the ones I can purchase elsewhere.

I have used GCerts for facials and found I can take care of my face much better than the spas!

I know my skin and they don't!

This tool is all I need.  

I go to a Derm once a year for body checks.

Honored Contributor

sometimes I use these but, they do not always work for me without having to press too hard

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 - I have used them to remove a clogged pore, but not milia.  Milia are embedded to deep and cannot be removed with these tools.  

I had some milia removed on my forehead by a derm many years ago. 

Honored Contributor

I have used these tools and I have been professionally trained on how to use them.

Please do not use the lancet on milia.  It is never okay to cut your skin.  This could cause infection and scaring.  I have scaring on my face from this tool...not much, but enough to bother me. Also, if you damage your skin, milia will form in those areas faster.  Exfoliate, stay our of the sun. Protect your skin.

The Comedone extractor can be gently used, but be sure to steam your face prior to use and sterilize the instrument.  Do not use on the thin skin around the eyes on the upper cheekbones. Make sure your skin is clean before you use it.

Be gentle, never forceful.  Trust me, bruising your facial skin or getting an infection or scaring  is something you do not want.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I've used the loop tool with great results.  Never the lancet, and I would use caution to avoid damage to your skin.  If I was going to try it, I would try it on one  and see how it went.  I would most likely leave that type of work to a professional, but not knowing your budget, tolerance for that type of thing, experience, how many you have to do, etc., I might give it a try.  

......You look like I need a drink.....