Esteemed Contributor

Summer's here!  and I'm wearing capris or bermudas every single day.  And I'm having to shave my legs every single day.  Ugh.  

This time of year I get out my good ol' electric razor instead of using a blade every day.  Just makes me wonder, what do other ladies prefer to use to shave their legs?   What do you use:  blade or electric?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

Fortunately, I don't have to shave every day. But I shave my legs in the showrr with Skintimate shave gel and a full Gillette blade, not a disposable razor.

I was never able to get a close enough shave with an electric razor, which forced me to shave more often. Once I went back to a blade I did not have to shave as often. 

Honored Contributor

I use a disposable razor.  Electric never worked well for me.  Thankfully, the hair on my legs does not grow as fast as it used to, so I don't have to shave every day like I used to! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've been using an ipiltor on my legs for 20 years. The hair on my legs has thinned out a lot. I use a blade razor periodically too.

Honored Contributor

Electric for me if I had any hair to shave. But honestly, I prefer an electric epilator.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blade or Electric?

[ Edited ]

I've never even considered an epilator...  everyone I know who has used one complained how painful it was.   Guess I'm too much of a coward to even try it.

I get a really close shave with my old Remington ladies' shaver.  Close enough, anyway.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

When I turned 50, I gave myself the gift of time.  No more tweezing brows nor shaving legs or under arms !  Found someone local who did electrolysis in her home for a reasonable price.  

Since my hair was very dark and grew too fast, this saved me a lot of time and was well worth the time and money.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Blade or Electric?

[ Edited ]

My leg hair stopped growing several years ago and migrated northward to my chin!  I tried a laser hair removal gadget but it wasn't completely effective (I should get back on board and try it again).  I shave my chin and face with whatever is handy, a disposable razor, a Finishing Touch Electric Razor, even my husband's razor if we're traveling and I forgot to pack mine. 🤷‍♀️😆

Honored Contributor

ELECTRIC........no shaving cream, fast, no nicks, unit lasts for years, and considerably cheaper than buying blades....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@tototwo I’m impressed. In the summer I up my leg shaving game to twice a week 😎.