Respected Contributor

Re: Black eyeliner and mascara for blondes?

I use black mascara.  I don't always use eyeliner. Black is fine for nighttime and I have various shades of low and highlight blonde hair-thanks to my colorist.  As a kid I was natural pale blonde.  Like @suzyQ3 mentioned... not all blacks are harsh.  I use navy liner and charcoal sometimes too.  I tend to tightline more than do an actual line for daytime when I bother with liner.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never use black eyeliner---I used to have brown eyes but after chemo , they are now hazel so  I use brown, navy, bronze, purple too. But I do use black mascara. Black liner  is way to harsh on me

Respected Contributor

@wagirl-

How very interesting.  I used to have very blue eyes.  They're more hazel & sometimes olive green now-- and I had chemo too.  I never made that connection. It never even dawned on me.

Respected Contributor

P.S.  I've used Careprost,the lash lengthening RX, in the past.  I attributed it to that- which it may be.

Honored Contributor

funloving-----I know---but what else can it be? My eyes were very brown; no doubt about that color and now they are how you decribed your color. Had 5 months of chemo and one month of rads and then they were starting to lose the brown and soon were what they are now. I like the color---just was strange. Never asked any of my drs about it tho.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wagirl-

I'm not doubting that could happen... I've just never heard of it before.  Since I'm an inquiring mind I'll do a little research and let you know what I find out..  Hair color changes, but usually (not always) that's temporary.  If I remember correctly, your treatment was some time ago.  Mine was 6 years ago, and hair grew in white, then back to original color.

It wouldn't surprise me.  Chemo can do some weird things. LOL

ETA- My chemo started in October and ended in February of the following year.

Honored Contributor

fun--yes,  I was dx in 2012--hair grew back grey and not the med brown it was. And yes , it is kind of back to the normal color. Would love to hear any research on that. Of the many side effects you get after chemo is done, eye color change is way down on that list of ugly things. Hopefully you are doing well--I am too!!  So no room for complaints, right!!!!

Respected Contributor

wrote:

Beautiful but she is not blond

Respected Contributor

wrote:

I am blond, blue eyes, 56 years old. I always used to use black, but from my turning 50 I started to notice that it make me look older, too drastic and too tired.

So I switched to teal or darker blue ( NARS) for the upper lid and light,bright blue (NARS) for the insides of my lower lids.  Mascaras are also switched to blue by Ives St.Laurant.

I am happy with my look again and get complements all the time.

Here is my own eye with my colors, it’s my daytime work make up.EF5671D2-22FF-49C7-BDF0-DEE02F24F442.jpeg