Honored Contributor

Re: Black Opium Perfume

[ Edited ]

I can't speak from personal experience, @monicakm , but one of the blogs I like is kafakaesqueblog. She writes about perfume, among other things. You may have discovered it already as you know a lot about perfume. 

Her take on Black Opium is interesting.

Oops, typo, @monicakm 

It's kafkaesqueblog

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach 

Thank you.  No, I've not heard of her but I'll check her out now Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you @kate2357 

If I don't love it, it's going back to Sephora.

I got it for 20% off during their fragrance sale.

I want to buy Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford but

it's just too spendy this time of year.  $132 WITH 

the 20% off.

@monicakm 

I've read on line that TF Tobacco Vanille pairs beautifully with his Oud Wood. (Have you tried his Noir de Noir? Rose and dark chocolate sounds so intriguing)

Honored Contributor

I KNEW IT!  I knew that name was familiar.  I used to wear it in the late 70s.  It was my first oriental and spicy scent and I loved it sooooo much!  There was another one I wore at the same time that was in that same family of scents, Ciara.

Well great Smiley Surprised  I hope what I read didn't ruin this for me.  What is the deal with pink pepper being in everything?  I remember several years ago when it was the scent of the year.  It's nice, I liked it but it seems to be an  ingredient in every perfume I read about.

Honored Contributor

Oud Wood by TF is one of my top 3 fragances ever!  But Commodity's Velvety, which is in that same family of scents only more complex, is even better imo.  I have a roll on of a "our version" of TF's Rose Cafe and really like it but it's not in the family of notes I LOVE.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

What are your other two top fragrances?

I purchased a TF sampler that included Rose Pr*ck. A spicy rose which is a long lasting scent on me.(all TF fragrances I've tried have been long lasting) I'd like to try the Rose Cafe too. Have you tried the TF version? I'm assuming yours is from Commodity. Am I correct?

I definitely must try the Commodity Velvety, especially after hearing you continue to speak so highly of this scent!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   If you want something sexy try Sexy 9 by Trish McEvoy.  It lasts alll day.  Of course, it fades some compare to when you first spray but it is warm and inviting.  I recently purchased a bottle.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Whenever I wear these three fragrances I get compliments.  Beyond Romance by Ralph Lauren, FlowerBomb by Victor ad Rolf and Calvin Klein Euphoria. Think when I buy again it will be Opium or one of the fragrances from Tom Ford. 

Trusted Contributor

Just read where Tom Ford's Lost Cherry is 2021 Allure Best of Beauty Winner.

Has anyone ever tried it?  

Screenshot 2021-12-19 12.03.43 AM.png

Respected Contributor

I wear Nuxe body oil and people always tell me I smell good. It's not expensive and makes my skin feel very soft. I don't like heavy smelling perfumes.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.