Valued Contributor

Black Jamaican Castor oil? Any success with any castor oil?

I fell for the hype and ordered it on Amazon (around $9).  Is it really better than just regular organic castor oil?  I guess I will find out when I get it.  And has anyone had any kind of success with lushness in lashes or brows with any kind of castor oil?

Honored Contributor

Re: Black Jamaican Castor oil? Any success with any castor oil?

[ Edited ]

I used a regular castor oil on my lashes for quite some time but it really never made my lashes any thicker. Seems all it did was condition them so they appeared to look longer. The whole ordeal was an oily mess so I stopped using it.

I just started using bimatoprost (latisse type) from AllDayChemist. Don't need a Rx to buy it there. I'm into my third week so I can't give a testimonial yet.

Esteemed Contributor

Shea Moisture has a Black Jamaican Castor OIl line and I've seen other brands featuring this ingredient at Walgreens, Marshalls and elsewhere.  To date I haven't tried anythig, but I may give one of the Shea Moisture products a try.  

Respected Contributor

I have friends that use it on their hair for breakage and bald spots and they have great reviews.  They said it is oily and will make the hair greasy/heavy.  I guess it depends on what part of the body you are going to use it on.  The oil itself can be used on all parts of the body...almost sounds similar to Josie Maran's argan oil. 

Frequent Contributor

I have used Black Castor Oil Jamaican for 4 months now. I dip a q-tip in it, run it across my brows, re-dip and run it across my lash tip and lash line. Zip, nothing, nada. Back to Latisse for me.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMeePlease keep us posted.  I've  been curious about Latisse.  What is the brand you are using?

Honored Contributor

@Trix  Love Shea.  Good quality, great price, and cruelty free.  Walgreen's frequently has excellent specials on Shea products.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@SilleeMeePlease keep us posted.  I've  been curious about Latisse.  What is the brand you are using?

@phoenixbrd,

I'm using a Rx bimatoprost product called Careprost. It's just like Latisse but I buy it from ADC, no Rx needed.

Respected Contributor

I saw no difference and a friend had a bad reaction with her eyes.