Honored Contributor

...and having an "up to" 50% off sale.  I don't use anything from this line but in case any of you do, just wanted you to know.

Respected Contributor

I owned Bite Beauty lipsticks a few years ago. And they were great.  But then, they changed their formula. Then the lipsticks were drying.  I think maybe that is what happened. They lost their old customers by changing their formula, and did not attract new customers.

Trusted Contributor

I'm not a fan of any of their products, but I saw a video recently about how they decided to change to a clean beauty brand right before the pandemic.  Unfortunately, very bad timing for any beauty brand to do a re-launch.  I also read that because they went clean, they removed the lanolin from their agave lip mask which was their best selling product and a lot of people no longer liked it as much.

There are so many brands to choose from nowadays, all it takes is one misstep for a brand to totally sabotage themselves.  A few years ago I never would've thought that Becca and Makeup Geek would be out of business but they are.  I would say that both of those brands had better products than Bite ever had.

That being said, I am always sad when a company goes out of business, even if I wasn't a big fan.

Honored Contributor

I've only tried the mascara and the lipsticks.  The mascara was okay but nothing I would buy again and definitely not worth the money.  The lipstick was drying to me.

It's my understanding that Lip Lab which is a part of  Bite Beauty will remain open.  They have free standing stores but not a lot of them.  

Honored Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

I owned Bite Beauty lipsticks a few years ago. And they were great.  But then, they changed their formula. Then the lipsticks were drying.  I think maybe that is what happened. They lost their old customers by changing their formula, and did not attract new customers.

Like you @momoftwo2007, I was upset when the formula changed. And my all-time favorite color match, Vin, was discontinued a while ago. I was so upset. It didn't stay on forever, but I liked the creaminess and oh that color. Once it was discontinued I tried to get close to a match, but was never able to. I got some that were close, but lost interest.  Smiley Sad