Regular Contributor

Just cancelled my box today was horrible.  Not worth $10 I think I am just paying shipping as these samples I could get at the store.  Have you cancelled your BirchBox?

Honored Contributor

I received a year of Birchbox as a holiday gift in 2016 and it was pretty awful stuff

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I cancelled my quite some time ago. I don't know why I bothered telling them my preferences. I got the most hideous things that I would never use...like olive green metallic eyeshadow, purple mascara and hair products for curly hair when I have straight hair. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

I got a 6 mo gift subscription and did not renew.

The boxes were beautiful, but I would rather have them do away with the boxes and give me some products I can actually use, and not the tiny sample size

Regular Contributor

Have you ladies chosen another company of monthly beauty products?

Valued Contributor

I have been pleased with my samples. I think I like the samples from Sephora play a little better, but the CC and BB creams I have received, as well as some of the eyeliners and hair products have been excellent. I like the fact that we have a choice on which kind of box we receive.

Valued Contributor

I see there are several on the Q. I wish I read the comments before I signed up today.

Respected Contributor

I got a 6 month subscription as a gift and enjoyed the samples but I did not renew because there were just too many that I did not use/like and I thought I could spend the money on something I know I'd use.  I also did Sephora Play for awhile but I liked that even less than Birchbox. 

Honored Contributor

the boxes I have tried are

allure

glossybox

ipsy

birchbox

walmart

beauty 5

and a few others that were pretty good the first month but then the following boxes started to get more sample packets and alot of stuff that I never would use or were a preference. I must have 30 tubes of mascara, 10 spray shampoos, 10 or more highlighters and some of the most gawd awful eye shadows as well as bronzers---geez--I threw most of them away. So I canceled all of them. Do love the boxes tho and kept those for gift giving and storage.