Respected Contributor

When I started to use the high dosage biotin my hair grew faster and stronger. i remember I accidentally cut my bangs too short and they grew back much much faster than normal

Respected Contributor
I've been taking Biotin for years and while my nails and hair do grow much faster it has not added any new growth. My hair growing faster is not a good thing since I am gray and now have to color every two weeks but no new growth.
Respected Contributor
On 12/13/2014 momcat said:

These posts about women getting no results from biotin puzzles me. I've been taking it for years and I can barely keep up with trimming my nails and hair. I need a haircut every 3 to 4 weeks. And, my nails are hard as a rock. If I don't keep them filed down, it takes a lot of strength to use the clippers on them. A few months ago my husband started taking biotin for splitting nails, which it has helped, but now he is starting to complain about needing a haircut too often.

May I ask you what brand and strength you are using?

I would love to have my hair grow faster. Since menopause it has slowed down to one quarter of an inch per month.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Honored Contributor

I have a thickening shampoo that contains it but really do not know if it does anything; however, the shampoo is remarkable as it does thicken the hair.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I am in my 60s now and abut 3 months ago I started taking Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair, Skin and Nails. I have thyroid medication in addition to aging issues. My hair looks thicker and my stylist says that is growing. My hair looks a little thicker, so I hope that it is helping. In past threads many women have recommended Dr. Lessman's products. I am not taking his multi vitamin for 50+ women but I am taking the one by Centrium. So hopefully these supplements will help me. Only time will tell. Everyone is different and responds differenly to various treatments and supplements.