Regular Contributor

Am I the only one that's not impressed? I thought I'd try it since I can't seem to find a satisfactory shaving system. Well, I find no difference between the new Billie razor and any of the other razors. I've also tried electric shavers and battery(Flawless) to no avail. I still have to shave a.m. and p.m. on my chin and legs because the stubble is uncomfortable. I'm 68 so too old to consider expensive methods (fixed income!). I did order some shave soap bar SK had on the other night so maybe that will help?

Esteemed Contributor

I have found that gimmicks marketed to women and their ittybitty hairs 🤪 are not worth it.

Gave a granddaughter mustache lessons this week 💧and told her get the best blade out there and then treat like a good knife.  Protect it.

Esteemed Contributor

I love my Billie. Been using for a year. The refills arrive on time and blades last a long time.

Honored Contributor

If you don't have very dark skin and your hair is not white, blonde, gray or red then an at-home IPL ('laser light') device can be very useful. Not only will it reduce the need for shaving too often, it can remove many of the hairs permanently so you won't have the forest to deal with when you do have to shave. Many of the IPL devices are affordable these days and if you do the math, the price of razors can get expensive over time and so much so that their cost goes beyond an IPL device. 

There's an upcoming TSV which happens to be an at-home IPL device. 

$179, get it now with free shippy.

Smoothskin Bare Fit Face & Body IPL Hair Removal Device - A504518

https://www.qvc.com/Smoothskin-Bare-Fit-Face-%26-Body-IPL-Hair-Removal-Device.product.A504518.html?s...

Respected Contributor

Re: Billie Razor

[ Edited ]

Agree , Just a marketing ploy to appeal to younger generations-IPL is the way to go, 100%. I only wish I had it 40 years ago,! 

Contributor

Not sure what you are looking for.  There are a lot of razors targeted toward women but they all work about the same.  I like them all.  Billie, Flamingo, Venus, Joy, ect.  Then the men's razors are the same also just not as pretty.  LOL    For a mustache razor we really need a much narrower head without so many blades-----is that what you are looking for?  Usually by the late 60s leg hair has gotten much less noticeable and doesn't need so much attention.

Contributor

So what was your mustache lesson?  Maybe I could learn something new?