Trusted Contributor

Re: Beware: Shopping at Pottery Barn

On 12/21/2014 NickNack said:
On 12/21/2014 Vamp said:

A couple of months ago, I wanted to return something I had received on line, thinking I could return to the store and not have to pay return shipping. They told me that they will do that as a courtesy to me, but that they are two different entities and they could not issue me a credit. I had to wait for them to send me a gift card in the mail (which is still sitting here). I was surprised at this practice in this day and age, but...oh well. I like Pottery Barn and will find something to use that gift card on.

I've returned things to the store that I've bought on line several times. They never questioned it, and I did not have to take a gift card. They just credited my credit card.

Well, that's interesting. I wonder why they made me do that? I guess I just got lucky {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Valued Contributor

Re: Beware: Shopping at Pottery Barn

Thank you for posting this, RLL. I haven't purchased anything from PB in a long time, but I would not hesitate to try to get a price credit if an item went on sale within a short period of time. However, I dud just return something to Kohls recently and noticed that many people standing in line were there for price adjustments. For me, my time is worth more than trekking back to Kohls for a $5 price adjustment. However, I old have WAY more $$$ in my bank account if I did this!