Esteemed Contributor

Re: Better deals on same cosmetic lines elsewhere

On 6/27/2014 Luvmycats said:

I have never purchased beauty items from QVC (unless I can't locate the item elsewhere; The olive Oil Scrub by Philosophy, etc.,). I purchase everything from Sephora or from the Dept Store. QVC's prices are NOT any better on a single item and the shipping is crazy! There are no deals here (with the exception of "kits", which aren't a deal for me because I seldom want everything in them).

Since the explosion of brick and mortar stores having their own websites, the countless number of beauty online only retailers, and the cosmetic companies own sites, I think it's safe to say that many customers are making purchasing decisions based on factors other than not having to trek around going from store-to-store. In a time gone by that was a big selling point for QVC. This sales pitch was particularly effective for the millions of QVC shoppers who live in small urban, suburban, and other rural and outskirt areas who do not live (or work) in major metropolitan areas like Miami, Chicago, Dallas, NYC with easy access to a counter for any cosmetic brand one can name.

In today's shopping world the only cosmetic purchases from QVC which make sense are the exclusives and sets you can't get elsewhere. That said even having items available exclusively at a particular retailer and specially priced sets are deals the cosmetic companies are cutting with many of their bigger retail partners now. This is why you see products on the shopping channels to stores (Macys, Nordstrom, Sephora, Ulta, etc.) proclaiming this set or that item is exclusive to us.

We shouldn't fret too much over the inside retail fight for cosmetic business because there's enough for all. In the end we-- the consumers -- are the winner as we get more selections and price options for the products we want.

Honored Contributor

My motto is, see it on the Q, buy it on ebay!!!

Super Contributor

On 6/27/2014 Shelbelle said:

My motto is, see it on the Q, buy it on ebay!!!

I agree. I have become a huge ebay shopper. I use the Q for exclusives and easy pay. Plus I really like Denim and Co. I also find myself checking the morning shows, denim and co and beauty items otherwise I really do not look at much nowadays on here.

Occasional Contributor

I have never actually been in a Ulta store Etoile. Are they bad? I did order products from thier website and had no problem. Arrived fast with no shipping charges. Same products as the Q. Oh, btw, thanks for pointing out most people with computer access have options. Never would have known.

Respected Contributor

On 6/27/2014 cmrocks said:

I have never actually been in a Ulta store Etoile. Are they bad? I did order products from thier website and had no problem. Arrived fast with no shipping charges. Same products as the Q. Oh, btw, thanks for pointing out most people with computer access have options. Never would have known.

How is her pointing that out any different than you "warning" people not to buy on QVC? You apparently think only you know how to comparison shop?