Valued Contributor

Best way to apply IT Confidence in a Compact?

I received the TSV yesterday and not sure how I feel about the Confidence foundation. I got the medium and darker than expected and a bit orangy I think. I applied it with the brush and assume I used too much as could feel it on my face. It looked easier to apply when I watched the on air presentation. I want to like it and have to try a different application approach before returning. How do you apply it or other input in regard to this product appreciated. tia

Honored Contributor

Re: Best way to apply IT Confidence in a Compact?

Maybe a foam makeup sponge if the brush does not give you the desired effect

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

I received the TSV yesterday and not sure how I feel about the Confidence foundation. I got the medium and darker than expected and a bit orangy I think. I applied it with the brush and assume I used too much as could feel it on my face. It looked easier to apply when I watched the on air presentation. I want to like it and have to try a different application approach before returning. How do you apply it or other input in regard to this product appreciated. tia

have not rec'd this yet

but I  do agree that the medium is darker than one would think, even though they push that color as the one size fits all.  

---------------------------------------------------------------

Not to derail your post, that's why I want to see them show the actual compacts of product, not the pictures of the models during the program, so we can see the variations of the product between shades 

Frequent Contributor

I ordered this past TSV but I didn't watch any presentations since I already use that foundation. When the foundation first came out, they said to take the brush and swirl to release the serum. Did you do that? If not, maybe that also does something with the color, it may not but it's worth a try. 

Respected Contributor

I actually do it in a way that I don't think many people will like... I wash my hands, and then I swirl my finger over top of the foundation... I do use some pressure to activate it, but I don't pick up a lot of product at a time, and I can build coverage if desired.  I spread the foundation with my fingers, and then smooth it out with a brush.  

I do like the foundation, but I think I prefer the celebration foundation, which is easier to use and has a nice finish. I'm between fair and light, and have this in the light.  It's a bit dark, but not too much.  The fair probably would have worked for me.

Respected Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

This is my favorite of all the IT foundations but you need to put it on with a ligher hand. I don't rub it very hard into the product and just lightly go over the face and build as I feel I need more.  This one stays on all day and feels good on the skin, once you get the hang of it.  Worth giving it a few tries to get the application right, it is a great product.  Good luck

Deb

Respected Contributor

I apply mine with the brush they provide.  But, I have to say that I think the medium shade is different then it used to be.  I have worn this foundation for quite some time and the last compact I bought went on dark.  I though it may really have been the medium tan but was mislabeled.

But, if you are saying that the medium in the TSV is dark I'm starting to wonder.  I want to recorder the medium but will it be the dark shade?  I hate when companies mess with their products.  I loved the old medium but I think they changed it.

Regular Contributor

@Theresa1121 I've been using this foundation since last September and like it better than the CC cream foundation. I find that it provides medium coverage when applied lightly. I don't like to over apply for full coverage. And, I apply it with my finger tips and then use a damp beauty sponge to blend it. I haven't tried using a brush since this method seems to work fine for me. I find that it glides on much better if my face is well moisturized. I have been using the medium and applying a little bronzer to warm it up a bit. I ordered the med tan this time and am hoping this will work better for my skin tone so I don't always have to use a bronzer. Right now, my skin is dry with a combo "t" zone. My skin tone is light-medium olive. 

Honored Contributor

@Theresa1121 wrote:

@Theresa1121  Maybe first check to see if Q has a video listed w/ the compact (or TSV) w/ hints for application. 

If not, I’d try lightly swiping the brush over the makeup and then dabbing the brush on Kleenex or paper towel once or twice to remove excess before putting the brush to face. 

Let me know if that works. Curious since not big on compact foundations. Can’t wet sponge or brush to sheer it out because it can cause too much moisture to accumulate when lid is closed & bacteria can grow in any moist, dark product.

Esteemed Contributor

But the part about you thinking it's a bit orangy on you. Won't that still be the case regardless of what method you use to apply it? I've used the It original foundation in the black compact (in Light) for quite a long time but lately I've been sensing that with the last compact I got I'm just not looking right due to a bit of that orangy tone. Maybe since the company was sold the formulas for all iterations of their foundations has changed, who knows. I bought some Bare Minerals Original Foundation at Ulta last week and am liking it and feel my coloring looks better now. Only thing is that they have so darn many shades. I winged it on that and think I made a good choice.