Respected Contributor

Re: Best toenail clippers for "Aging" toenails?

@Judaline 

What do you do with the tea tree  oil?   Brush it on?   Dab it on?   Wrap you feet after?   How do you keep the oil off of bed linens or socks or carpet or whatever?   How do you use it?

Respected Contributor

i just bought the kohm 120 L clipper, right from the co. website. they are great-so sharp and much easier to pinch together, than my old ones.

thank's for the kohm recomendation!!

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal  I have some that came in a bottle with a brush, like nail polish. I don't know if they still make it. I keep refilling it with organic t-tree oil. Otherwise, I would use a Q-tip WELL saturated with the oil.  I usually put my clogs on while it dries in the morning and at night I've never noticed it staining the sheets. Let it dry a bit before diving into bed. You'll probably lose some but it will still do the job. Just don't rub it off.

Honored Contributor

@TheMemphisVette wrote:

these are great!  sharp, wide opening, easy gripe, glides through with light pressure

currently $9.99 on amazon

Kohm WHS-440L Heavy Duty, Curved Blade, Wide Jaw Toenail Clippers for Thick Nails, Large Nail Clippers for Men, Seniors, Women, Nail Clipper with File

clippers.jpg

Thank you so much for recommending these clippers! @TheMemphisVette 

Mine came today and they are just perfect. I can actually cut my toenails with ease!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Another idea I tried............before giving away my doggy tools - the electric nail 'sander' worked good on big toe when nail is thick.  Sanding vs cutting might be the best for some toes. 

That's pretty much what I do. I found some coarse (PedEgg) sanding rollers to fit on my Micro-Mani tool and that's what I use to take down the thick toenails enough to where I can actually cut them with regular clippers. Listen up you big toenails...today you're goin' down! Woman LOL

Can you not use the dog nal grinder to shorten the big toe nail to a point that you don't even need to clip them?  I have trouble getting edge to edge without also getting skin or getting too much of an angle on the edge (ouch).  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Another idea I tried............before giving away my doggy tools - the electric nail 'sander' worked good on big toe when nail is thick.  Sanding vs cutting might be the best for some toes. 

That's pretty much what I do. I found some coarse (PedEgg) sanding rollers to fit on my Micro-Mani tool and that's what I use to take down the thick toenails enough to where I can actually cut them with regular clippers. Listen up you big toenails...today you're goin' down! Woman LOL

Can you not use the dog nal grinder to shorten the big toe nail to a point that you don't even need to clip them?  I have trouble getting edge to edge without also getting skin or getting too much of an angle on the edge (ouch).  

@Icegoddess 

That dog nail grinder might work but I don't have one of those.