Honored Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl My goodness! That is a brand I haven't heard of in a while. I used to use St. Ives Apricot scrub too, many years ago. Loved it. 

Valued Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

I scrub daily (am) using rice enzyme powder as the 2nd step of my double cleanse.  It really gives my skin a nice glow, keeps the dead cells away.  I am a firm believer in exfoliation.  I do the rice powder and then a few times a week a night time mask that exfoliates/peels. 

What cleanser do you use for the first cleanse? I have the Tatcha Rice Enzyme Powder and I love it.

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I amthe OP and I fear I might of worded the question wrong.

I am in the sun on the weekend, should I scrub then or should I wait a day or two

Ah okay. I would wait a day or two, just in case you caught any exposure and got damage--even though you did wear sunscreen.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

My daughter is a professional hairstylist.  Several years ago, when she was new on the job, there was a beauty industry "show" in Chicago that she invited me to join her in attending with her boss.  While they were in line to meet some industry bigshots, I was sitting and waiting for them and struck up a conversation with the woman next to me.  It turned out she was an aesthetician.  Before she left, her parting words to me were, "If I can give you one piece of professional advice, it's peel, peel, peel".  I do some form of exfoliation every day, whether it's with a finely milled physical exfoliator, an ezymatic cleanser, or an AHA pad.  A couple times a month, I'll do something more intense like a Skinn DermAppeal treatment or Skinn ABC Peel.

Honored Contributor

I use a bar of soap (Kiss My Face olive oil soap currently) and bath gloves.  

I "scrub" upper body and face every day in the bath, and a couple of times a week lower body / feet / legs.

Then I use some scented body wash for a once over and rinse. Feels wonderful.